What are you eating Wednesday 2/20/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
February 20 -
National Cherry Pie Day
National Love Your Pet Day

I plan to make chicken and veggie stir fry & jasmine rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too early for me to think about dinner yet, but I do know there will be no cherry pie..
I can't stand cherry pie although fresh Rainier cherries are to die for.
"National Love Your Pet Day" I sure did love my little "Contessa".
Dinner plans later. ;)

Last edited:
Don’t know what we’re having for dinner, but I made myself a salmon and rice bowl with kimchi furikake and nori. It was exactly what I was craving and oh so good!

Well plans have changed. DD wants Taco Bell.

Last edited:
I'm making Cuban-Style Picadillo - or as Himself calls it, Pick A Deal. :LOL: Our deal will include a side of rice and beans. I also need to finish off the last of a head of lettuce so I can move the fresh one into the Tupperware bowl. I'll toss corn, more beans, tomatoes, and Mexican cheese into the salads - with a bit of avocado in mine, onion in Himself's.

I'm having the last of the tom yum soup. I will probably have cheese and crisp rye bread later. I ordered groceries yesterday and there was a special on trying out some cheeses. They are local cheeses that I have never heard of before. I'm really curious. One seems to be a camembert style cheese, one is a soft cheese with herbes de Provence, and I don't really have any guesses about the last one.

I'm having the last of the tom yum soup. I will probably have cheese and crisp rye bread later. I ordered groceries yesterday and there was a special on trying out some cheeses. They are local cheeses that I have never heard of before. I'm really curious. One seems to be a camembert style cheese, one is a soft cheese with herbes de Provence, and I don't really have any guesses about the last one.

Do you have your groceries delivered Taxi? I sure would if I lived there.

Those cheeses sound like a real taste treat..hope you ordered some good bread and wine too. ;)

Last edited:
Holy guacamole! Our weather has been nothing more than shi... You get the idea.

Rain, rain, rain. Last night after we went to bed and got up this morning, we'd had 6 inches of the wet stuff. So..

I made a long-cooking roast beast, along with mashed taters and buttered peas.

Maybe we'll forget about the rain.

Our yard looks like chocolate syrup!!!!!

Do you have your groceries delivered Taxi? I sure would if I lived there.

Those cheeses sound like a real taste treat..hope you ordered some good bread and wine too. ;)
Yes, I do get them delivered. I didn't order any bread because, they don't list ingredients on the website for the stuff they sell. I can only find some of it online. So much stuff has soy, it isn't funny. I once ordered pickled jalapenos and there was soy oil in it. :ermm::wacko: But, I have some really good bread at home and lots of my Swedish rye crisp bread. Yes, I also got wine in that order.. :)

Yes, I do get them delivered. I didn't order any bread because, they don't list ingredients on the website for the stuff they sell. I can only find some of it online. So much stuff has soy, it isn't funny. I once ordered pickled jalapenos and there was soy oil in it. :ermm::wacko: But, I have some really good bread at home and lots of my Swedish rye crisp bread. Yes, I also got wine in that order.. :)

Taxi, you've mentioned you can't have soy often but after all these years I've never known why. If I'm being too nosy please forgive me and ignore my question.;)

This area I live in is delivering groceries from all of the supermarkets, most giving free delivery over $25.00. I never did it, but it's great for those that can't get out easily.

I tried a new recipe tonight for guacamole, from March/April Milk Street. Had some yogurt, raw garlic, lemon juice, and some spices, and topped with sesame seeds. Good; about as good as that last new guac with the hard boiled eggs, though not as good as the classic, with fresh tomatoes and chiles.

Taxi, you've mentioned you can't have soy often but after all these years I've never known why. If I'm being too nosy please forgive me and ignore my question.;)
My doctor told me that for me, estrogenic foods would increase my risk of having a stroke in my eyeball. :ohmy: After doing some checking on the internet, I found out that properly fermented soy, like soy sauce and miso (but not fermented tofu) are not estrogenic. That was a relief. No sweet potatoes or yams for me either.

I threw together a stir fry of leftovers. Shrimp, veggies and rice, and added a scrambled egg and a little splash of soy sauce towards the end. Hit the spot. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom