"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #11
Head Chef

I made a hamburger potato casserole. I made my own cream of chicken soup and added some sour cream and garlic. I forgot the Worcestershire sauce, but that was only 1 tablespoon. I also forgot to grease the bowl again, but since it's hamburger, maybe it'll be OK.

It needs to be in the oven for another hour and then we'll see how it tastes.

If I make this again, I'm for sure going to double up on the sauce (the cream soup).

------------------------
I cook because my pots and pans are the closest thing to a chemistry experiment that I have. So far I haven't blown up the kitchen!
rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:47 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

I haven't been in the mood to cook for at least a week, but I'm too cheap to get carry out. And I prefer my own cooking. Besides, I'm still cooking for my inventory. So... tonight we had Lundgren wild rice blend, roasted zucchini, and pork tenderloin medallions with a cherry-port wine sauce.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190710_204244133_HDR.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	35532

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #13
Sous Chef

As I said before, I just had leftovers, and now I had more leftovers, and very simple ones - the rice and millet that I had left from the Thai curry. All I did was put about 1 1/2 c of the mix in the slow cooker mode of the IP, with about 1 1/2 c milk, 1/4 c sugar, and some stevia (to taste, until enough), and some vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom - my usual seasonings for rice pudding. I let it cook about 4 hours, or a little longer, until just the right consistency of a thick congee. No eggs added to this, and the millet makes it a little better nutritionally, than just that incredibly delicious jasmine rice!
Old 07-10-2019, 11:54 PM   #14
Master Chef

Lots of good sounding meals!

Here, it was just grazing on leftovers. Gotta' eat the stuff I have before I cook anything new.

CD
Old 07-11-2019, 05:36 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Our village has two great Deli's ! WaWa won a zoning variance, and is building on a site at the edge of town.... Wal-Mart put our local Grocery out of business, CVS put our two Pharmacies out of business: I imagine the same old story will come to pass this time.....BTW - Wally World Stayed just three years, then moved 11 miles away..... Support your local family-owned operations...

Last Night's Sausage, pan Fried, Mashed Idaho w/ Smokehouse Maple Seasoning, Sausage Gravy, Adolescent Corn and a bit of Leftie Broccoli...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0954.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	35533  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

Chickpea Curry, it was yum!

kenmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eating