What are you eating Wednesday July 10, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I blew up a green smoothie with the blender this morning. That's enough cooking for today. Leftovers are on the menu.

After an appointment, we went to a favorite diner for fried chicken dinner for me and a Cobb salad for Jeannie..

Its also, free pie day so we brought ours home for later.. :yum:

Ross

I had a chicken salad and lettuce sandwich on whole grain toast. It was good. I'll probably snack on some leftovers later. Stirling is off to a friend's house to play D&D.

Tonight's dinner was that Australian classic - shrimp on the barbie! White basmati with scallions and sundried tomatoes on the side, along with a house salad.

If I'd known it was piña colada day, I would have had added some rum to that smoothie I had! It was close - pineapple and some leftover coconut milk, and a half a banana.

More of that pasta salad today. My friend, who learned that I had made it, didn't make it over, and I told him that's fine - more for me! Didn't get much of a reaction - he knew that I couldn't eat that much (over 4 qts.) by myself, that quckly! Then again, how many hot dogs did that guy eat in 10 minutes ...71? :eek:

Last edited:
We're having grilled burgers and corn on the cob. No buns because I didn't have the energy today to make them and since I started making my own, I don't like store-bought anymore. Sliced fresh local tomato with garden basil for me and a tomato-cucumber-red onion salad for DH (he's not a fan of plain tomatoes).

I made a hamburger potato casserole. I made my own cream of chicken soup and added some sour cream and garlic. I forgot the Worcestershire sauce, but that was only 1 tablespoon. I also forgot to grease the bowl again, but since it's hamburger, maybe it'll be OK.

It needs to be in the oven for another hour and then we'll see how it tastes.

If I make this again, I'm for sure going to double up on the sauce (the cream soup).

I haven't been in the mood to cook for at least a week, but I'm too cheap to get carry out. [emoji38] And I prefer my own cooking. Besides, I'm still cooking for my inventory. So... tonight we had Lundgren wild rice blend, roasted zucchini, and pork tenderloin medallions with a cherry-port wine sauce.
IMG_20190710_204244133_HDR.jpg

As I said before, I just had leftovers, and now I had more leftovers, and very simple ones - the rice and millet that I had left from the Thai curry. All I did was put about 1 1/2 c of the mix in the slow cooker mode of the IP, with about 1 1/2 c milk, 1/4 c sugar, and some stevia (to taste, until enough), and some vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom - my usual seasonings for rice pudding. I let it cook about 4 hours, or a little longer, until just the right consistency of a thick congee. No eggs added to this, and the millet makes it a little better nutritionally, than just that incredibly delicious jasmine rice!

Lots of good sounding meals!

Here, it was just grazing on leftovers. Gotta' eat the stuff I have before I cook anything new.

CD

Our village has two great Deli's ! WaWa won a zoning variance, and is building on a site at the edge of town.... Wal-Mart put our local Grocery out of business, CVS put our two Pharmacies out of business: I imagine the same old story will come to pass this time.....BTW - Wally World Stayed just three years, then moved 11 miles away..... Support your local family-owned operations...

Last Night's Sausage, pan Fried, Mashed Idaho w/ Smokehouse Maple Seasoning, Sausage Gravy, Adolescent Corn and a bit of Leftie Broccoli...

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom