what are you giving out for Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Otter ;)

GB made my avatar for me - he's offering to help anyone who needs it.

DS - honestly, you've never heard of Alton Brown?

jkath, I only spent a few weeks in socal (too warm for me) before heading for norcal (have moved home to MN since). I really loved the Laguna Beach area. Wouldn't kick La Jolla out of bed either!

Nope..... not kidding.
12.gif

Otter said:
jkath, I only spent a few weeks in socal (too warm for me) before heading for norcal (have moved home to MN since). I really loved the Laguna Beach area. Wouldn't kick La Jolla out of bed either!

I agree completely - it is way too warm!!!
I grew up in Santa Barbara, where it's 72 year round...only problem is that I'm not a beach person. Now that I'm in LA county, we're in a tiny spot that actually gets near freezing in the winter. It's just the 108 degree summers I'd rather do without!
I bet MN is amazing!!!

DS, Alton Brown is on The Food Network (6 pm central time here). He approaches cooking from a scientific standpoint, and was recently selected as "Cooking Educator of the Year." I pull a lot of legs on this site (as I did when I was in college), but this is the straight skinny, and I think you might enjoy the show. Would somebody (more than one please, preferably) please verify to DS that this is for real?

dkath, yes MN is amazing - amazingly cold in the winter - BRRRR!!! I 'm a small town MN kid who got tired of the congestion in CA. Sold in CA for a small fortune and am living on a lake in northern MN for a fraction of the price. If I had any complaints, nobody would listen. :LOL:

Alton Brown is quite interesting to watch, however, I never seem to catch him that often. For some reason, he reminds me of Ted on Queer Eye (only for their food talk, really)

Yes, DS. Otter's telling the truth. AB is for real. The show is Good Eats and pretty interesting. Lots of slapstick along with the science. I've learned a lot from him....

Your're a looker too, Audeo!. Yeeooww! Between you and the other gals on here, I may have to go on heart medication! DS, check out Alton Brown (Good Eats) - it really is an intersting show!

Otter! Thank you from the very bottom of my 44-year-old heart! (Where's your picture, pal??? Where is it...where is it....???)

Getting back to subject (I think), for the youngsters who come by that I don't know, they will receive packages of cool stickers, magnetic bearded guy thingies, or mini cans of silly string. For the youngsters I DO know, they'll come inside (as always) for a glass of warm, spiced apple cider and pick up packets of homemade chocolate-chunk cookies, along with a can of silly string that includes instructions on how best to "get" Mom and Dad! :twisted: Our neighborhood goes all out for Halloween...and I cannot wait to employ Buckytom's shaving can implement of war!!! (Trial run went GREAT -- Thanks, Bucky!)

By the way, where's Bucky???

Otter said:
DS, Alton Brown is on The Food Network (6 pm central time here). He approaches cooking from a scientific standpoint, and was recently selected as "Cooking Educator of the Year." I pull a lot of legs on this site (as I did when I was in college), but this is the straight skinny, and I think you might enjoy the show. Would somebody (more than one please, preferably) please verify to DS that this is for real?

verifying here. we watch Alton probably more than anyone. He's a goof with a good sense of humor.

Otter said:

I used to live in Newport Beach and would go to Laguna to eat at Victor Hugos and Tortilla Flats (also location on Balboa Island).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom