What are you having for a snack, right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brooksy said:
Homemade Jerky?

Waiting for DW to return home with the "gathering expedition" & I will be making jam tarts with cream.

I wish it was homemade jerky, brooksy. To make jerky has always been on my list of things to do. My dad makes venison jerky when he gets a deer when hunting. He had no luck last year. Maybe this year. :) Jam tarts with cream, I will be right over.

Didn't have time to eat lunch at work, so I snacked on it about 3 this afternoon...Crab salad and iced tea..

kadesma:)

brooksy and sc, i have been on a jerky bender for a few months now. i set up the dehydrator squarely in the middle of my workbench and have been cranking out those leathery little treats. so far i've been experimenting with different marinades, mostly sweet and hot, on thick sliced top round roast beef. but by far and away the best thing i've made is dehydrated pineapple, thanks to chocolate chef. it's like candy.

Left over KFC & coffee. (it's 12:30pm).

BT & SC Smoked some Jerky the other week in the hooded Barby. Turned out quite well. I'll post a report on the out doors thread. :)

i'm getting ready to have some brie and pear paste on aCaPEACHIO'S cracker, the round crispy one that comes in the assortment. i might have a bleu cheese cracker, too.

some of this little baby watermelon; it's seedless and about the size of a canteloupe! and a beer.
i had to get it cause it was so cute!:rolleyes:

luvs_food said:
some of this little baby watermelon; it's seedless and about the size of a canteloupe!

Luvs, I got one of those at the store this week too. It was the best watermellon I've had in a long time. Very juicy and sweet.

I'm craving another one (I ate the first one in a day! :pig: ) but just haven't felt like fighting the crowds at the grocery store today to get another. It's a zoo for some reason!

Back
Top Bottom