What are you having for a snack, right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to try a tim tam slam. They are rectangle, so you nibble the corners off opposite sides, dip one end in your coffee, suck the coffee through the tim tam, and then push it in your mouth, divine! Messy, but divine.

You can actually buy tim tams in England now, which is a great relief to this rambling Aussie!!!

spicy soy and flaxseed tortilla chips with Mrs. Renfro's hot green salsa
1.gif

It was great - lots of wine & lots of laughter - didn't get to bed until 2.30am.... Even the 'irritated' guest was fun...and kept rinsing dishes for me & tidying up...maybe she felt guilty over her 'phone message LOL!

Paint.

I hate to admit it, as full as I am from my blt, I had to try the challah bread Cade and I made this afternoon..So, a slice of bread with butter and some black cherry jam:LOL:

kadesma, groan, moan and creek:LOL:

SierraCook said:
mrsdove, can you post the recipe, please. Many thanks!!

Indeed - here you go:

1 cup of flour
1 cup of oats (quick cooking)
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of shortening
fresh peaches
1/2 cup of sugar

Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until mixed well. Take half of this mixture and put in the bottom of an 8x8 greased pan (I grease with pam). Cook at 350 for 10 min.

Take the fruit and mix with sugar.

Put over crust you just cooked. Put the other half of the crust over the fruit - pat down and cook at 350 for about 30 min. or until light brown.

You are supposed to eat it out of the pan warm but I also love it over ice cream. For a variation I've done blueberries and this time I did blueberries and peaches. It is incredible!

Robyn

Back
Top Bottom