What are you having for a snack, right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A rich cup of Chiapas/Oaxacan coffee with cream and sugar and some disgusting store-bought cookies that I can't stop eating...they are a sandwich cookie, kinda like an oreo, but with one side vanilla, and the creamiest filling I've ever tasted - probably full of lard! Stop me! Please!

My husband won't stop me - he thinks it's funny! Please do join me - I've got a bunch of ripe avocados and tomatoes and jalapenos! Also some nice limes and very good tequila...

I've learned not to put it in the Cuisinart, because it is better if it has some chunks in it. In Mexico, they use a lava rock mortar and pestle arrangement called a molcajete, but I don't have one yet. I just combine (don't really measure) ripe chunks of avocado, tomato diced very fine, garlic, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, some salt....mush it around really good. And if I am feeling really ambitious and it isn't too hot, I'll fry up my own chips like they do in the restaurants here. Get some really thin corn tortillas, cut them in quarters or eighths and fry them in oil until they are crisp...drain on paper towels and salt them. Oh yum.

MexicoKaren said:
I've learned not to put it in the Cuisinart, because it is better if it has some chunks in it. In Mexico, they use a lava rock mortar and pestle arrangement called a molcajete, but I don't have one yet. I just combine (don't really measure) ripe chunks of avocado, tomato diced very fine, garlic, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, some salt....mush it around really good. And if I am feeling really ambitious and it isn't too hot, I'll fry up my own chips like they do in the restaurants here. Get some really thin corn tortillas, cut them in quarters or eighths and fry them in oil until they are crisp...drain on paper towels and salt them. Oh yum.

Thank you!! I just may have to make some this week.

Come on over, sc! I buy my guac from our tiny Country Store in town. It is soooo good, I don't even try to make my own! It's frozen and has no label on it...I'm not sure where it comes from. It is just this side of too hot! I don't buy it too often - 'cause I can eat the whole thing! :LOL:

Paul just called and is on his way home... he wants eggs and bacon for dinner. So, being the good wife that I am frying bacon. Yummy. I'm sure I'll have a bite or two before he gets home.

lol.. I was good. He had all but one piece waiting for him when he walked in the door.

i took a quick ride up to grey's papaya on 72nd, and had 3 dogs (for my skin :) ). 2 with kraut and mustard, 1 with onion sauce and mustard.

and now i'm having seaweed eggdrop soup.

Back
Top Bottom