What are you having for a snack, right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A small container of fat-free peach yogurt and a sugar-free hot chocolate. I was hanging off the side of the healthy-eating wagon while I was sick so it's time to pull myself back up on it! It's not fun! :roll:

A bit of a hot toddy ... a wee dram of CC in a big cup of water, nuked. Oh, dear, guess I shouldn't admit that.

i haven't had an irish hot toddy in a while. stick 3 cloves (the spice, not garlic) in a wedge of lemon, place in an irish coffee mug, add 3 ozs. of bush's or jameson's whiskey, and top off with water just off the boil.
the lemon gives you vitamin c, the cloves are for digestion and sinuses, and the whiskey is for a pain killer.

That sounds good, even if I don't need it for health reasons!

Right now I'm eating a big cup of fruit salad that was left over from an AM meeting. Usually they have the icky jarred stuff, but this is fresh fruit--gala apples, granny smith apples, red and green grapes, pinapple, blueberries, oranges, bananas and kiwi. Excellent!

why no snacking, pdswife? like pab says, go for fruit and raw veggies. the worst thing you can do is starve your body to lose weight. your body will "learn" that it only gets fed once in a while, and becomes more proficient at creating and storing fat for those times. if you keep the gas tank filled with healthy stuff, you will lose weight faster.

PA Baker said:
pdswife1 said:
no snacking allowed.. boo-hoo!
Not even healthy things, like fruit? You poor thing! By the way, how did you like the FF half& half and vanilla syrup?

Nope.. no snacks.. my problem with food is once I start eating I can't stop.
So I really have to be strict with myself. Breakfast lunch and dinner. That's it.

The cream I'm sure would have been great but, when I saw the price.. I put it back. 8 dollars.. wow. I know it'd last a long time but, that was more than my cheapness would allow! LOL.. I'm very very cheap!!! I just went with the fat free vanilla cream.

The buckster's right again, pds! In addition to fruit and veggies, I like the fat-free jello cups, and I'm really hooked on the 4 oz containers of fat free yogurt (I think Dannon makes them--they come in 6 packs of 3 strawberry and 3 peach). Hubby likes to have a slice of low-fat low sodium lunch meat, rolled with a slice of low fat cheese and a slice of pepper and dipped in mustard.

pdswife1 said:
[but, when I saw the price.. I put it back. 8 dollars.. wow. I know it'd last a long time but, that was more than my cheapness would allow! LOL.. I'm very very cheap!!! I just went with the fat free vanilla cream.

:shock: Eight dollars?!?!? I've never seen it for that much! I get the Land O' Lakes pint. I think it's around $1.99, give or take a little.

buckytom said:
why no snacking, pdswife? like pab says, go for fruit and raw veggies. the worst thing you can do is starve your body to lose weight. your body will "learn" that it only gets fed once in a while, and becomes more proficient at creating and storing fat for those times. if you keep the gas tank filled with healthy stuff, you will lose weight faster.

That's very true.. ok.. I'll go grab a piece of fruit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom