What are you having for dinner, 12-31-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
once more for a piece of ham with honey glaze. sweet potatoes, a veg(don't know what just yet) hot rolls and cranberry sauce.

that will do it for the christmas left overs.

froze the bulk of what ham was left, after i took out slices for dinner and chopped a large baggie full of ham pieces to make soup on sunday. i will share with my son's family.

We decided to end the year with a nice "splurge" dinner. Shrimp cocktail, an assortment of marinated imported olives, grilled ribeye steaks, baked potatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms, and a nice cool slice of grasshopper pie for dessert. Life is good!!!

No cooking for me today. All of the family are going to our favorite Chinese place just as we do every year. Tomorrow,my girls are cooking for me for my birthday, yipppeeeee
kades

Its been a red letter day of cooking in the Bigdaddy household. Made a batch of pickles. Made a ground venison and mashed potato soup. Made two batches of chocolate chip cinnamon chipotle cookies. AND two batches of special rice krispy treats.

Dinner will be marinated steak and crash potatoes. Green peas too!

A party!

1. Spiral cut ham fixed to make small sandwiches/ rolls (cheese, mustard, mayo, pickles, etc)
2. munchies
3. cake - 4 layers and about 16' across. 2 whiskey sour scented vanilla and 2 double chocolate sour creme. Interior icing is chocolate, exterior is Vanilla crusted with toasted coconut
4. loads of drinks
5. smoked salmon done in a phyllo dough sort of like spanikopita (it includes spinach, feta and ramps)
6. hand made cherry ice cream
7. Linzertorte (sp)
8. Stuffed mushrooms
9. Rosemary speared crudities grilled with pancetta
10. More munchies
11. Cheese fondue
12. Waldorf Leaves - (finely diced waldorf type salad w/ blue cheese added, wrapped in lettuce leaves)
13. Stuffed grape leaves
14. More munchies
15. skewered bits of meat grilled by husband and friends (they feel very proud of their product every year)

Take out pizza for the kids and the band.

Party starts in 3 hours. I'm almost there....

KC Strip with a Pinot Noir Reduction
dsc_0004.jpg

I have a single-serving coconut cream pie chilling in the fridge, and I'll be having that for dessert later.

Dad and I have two hockey games and DH decided today was the day to start our spontaneous kitchen renovation and the first step was to take the stipple off the ceiling. So, steak and lasagna dinners should be delivered any minute! :)

Homade salads and dips:

Blue cheese dip

Onion dip

Mac salad

Potato salad

Kidney & Cannellini bean salad

Olive salad

Salsa

Assorted chips and veggies to dip

Cheese platter (brie, Danish blue, gouda, smoked gouda, wispride and pepperoni), assorted crackers and crusty round loaf of bread.

Cold cut platter (ham, salami, smoked turkey, bologna, American cheese, Swiss, provolone), long sesame rolls and small round rolls.

Lettuce, sliced tomato and red onion, mayo, oil, vinegar and pepperoncini peppers.

Assorted soda and Sparkling Apple/Cranberry Cider

no pics yet

Italian Hero (Genoa Salami, Dak Imported Ham, Provolone, Red Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Italian Herbs and Spices) on a sesame seed roll.

img_868849_0_0a6fb9ab44cfa1fd08852a0412bf397c.jpg

Hero, Bean Salad, Mac Salad, Olive Salad and Potato Salad.

img_868849_1_c6bbc4768a711131e14833981132dfe2.jpg

I didn't get pics of the cheese platter, dips and salsa yet.

I suppose we'll keep on eating what I cooked last night.. a big amount of food now resting in the fridge...as we were and we still are only two :ROFLMAO:
:Aubergines,spicy stuffed veal with pumpkin sauce,Creamy Dream...:LOL: :pig:

Attachments

• Aubergines.jpg
    Aubergines.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Spiced veal and pumpkin sauce.jpg
    Spiced veal and pumpkin sauce.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Creamy  dream.jpg
    Creamy dream.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 175
Italian Hero (Genoa Salami, Dak Imported Ham, Provolone, Red Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Italian Herbs and Spices) on a sesame seed roll.

img_868886_0_0a6fb9ab44cfa1fd08852a0412bf397c.jpg

Hero, Bean Salad, Mac Salad, Olive Salad and Potato Salad.

img_868886_1_c6bbc4768a711131e14833981132dfe2.jpg

I didn't get pics of the cheese platter, dips and salsa yet.
My mouth is watering, and I'm not kidding! Yum Yum! :chef:

I suppose we'll keep on eating what I cooked last night.. a big amount of food now resting in the fridge...as we were and we still are only two :ROFLMAO:
:Aubergines,spicy stuffed veal with pumpkin sauce,Creamy Dream...:LOL: :pig:
I guess you'll be eating for a couple days off that! Everything looks so tasty! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom