What are you having for Dinner, Sunday, 9-27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lasts nights' pizza:)

Attachments

• DSCF0069.jpg
    DSCF0069.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 195
We are going to have pork chunks in a mushroom/wine sauce over mashed potatoes or rice, fresh vegetables and a tomato/cucumber salad. I may even make some rolls is time permits.

We are going to have pork chunks in a mushroom/wine sauce over mashed potatoes or rice, fresh vegetables and a tomato/cucumber salad. I may even make some rolls is time permits.

but...but, If ya don't make rolls, what on Earth are ya gonna sop up the gravy with??? :ermm:

:LOL:

Not sure yet but a afternoon snak will be Terrine of Pork.

Pork is from a Boston Butt / meat from trotters stock made from pork trotters. Trotters were blanced then cooked with garlic, ginger and salt.

3959128834_0b20ed3989.jpg

had mine already, had turkey with garlic sauce, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, swede carrots and green beans

ready for desert now haha

Not sure yet but a afternoon snak will be Terrine of Pork.

Pork is from a Boston Butt / meat from trotters stock made from pork trotters. Trotters were blanced then cooked with garlic, ginger and salt.

3959128834_0b20ed3989.jpg
trotters? pig feet? they make good gelatine for aspic.

trotters? pig feet? they make good gelatine for aspic.

Yep. I blanced them for 30 minutes dumped the water washed them, then cooked them for a few hours to extract the gelatine. Strained the stock poured it over the cooked meat put in fridge overnight.

a beef roast is in the oven with potatoes and squash, onions, and mushrooms. I made stock the other day, so am braising with that.

Back
Top Bottom