What are you having for Supper, Sunday, 12-6-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soup. I can't decide between Spicy Steak Soup, Cream of Vegetable with potatoes or Spicy Pork Stew.

I changed my mind....

It's chilly here today. I'm going to make a creamy chicken noodle soup. The vegies will be carrots and celery... possibly peas.

Cracked crab and garlic butter, Green salad, sour dough bread and pasta alfredo, lemon cake for dessert.
kades

Chili and cornbread that I made last night. I tried a new chili recipe and it was awesome. I will be freezing individual packets in the next 2-3 days. In the meantime it needs to "season".

Soup. I can't decide between Spicy Steak Soup, Cream of Vegetable with potatoes or Spicy Pork Stew.

I made Cream of Vegetable soup with Potatoes, Carrots, onions and Broccoli and Cheese. I also made the Spicy Pork Stew with one change and a few additions. I changed the corn to hominy, added 2 cans instead of one and added cumin, garlic and cilantro.

The SPICY Pork Stew (more like soup)

• 4 pieces Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut Chops
  • 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
  • 1 pint Chicken Broth, I used 2 cans
  • 1 can (10 Oz. Can) Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilis - Pureed (do Not Drain Cans)
  • 4 whole Medium Red Potatoes
  • ¾ pounds Baby Carrots
  • 1 can (15 Oz. Cans) Sweet Corn, Drained
Preparation Instructions

Prepare ingredients:
Trim fat and cube pork into 1-inch pieces.
Peel and cube red potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Cut baby carrots in half.
Puree Rotel in a blender.
Drain cans of corn.
1. In large pot, heat oil then add cubed pork and brown the meat.
2. Once pork is browned, add chicken broth, pureed Rotel, potatoes, carrots and corn. Salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for at least an hour or until pork, carrots and potatoes are tender.
:chef:

We broke out the quesadilla maker and made...wait for it...quesadillas!!! I know! Original aren't we?

Seriously though, they were darned tasty. I also had a couple of oranges. Going to get cracking on popcorn soon too.

I made some Soy Sauce Braised Wings (Dak Gangjeong).

4165395858_851f40ae08_b.jpg

I made Cream of Vegetable soup with Potatoes, Carrots, onions and Broccoli and Cheese. I also made the Spicy Pork Stew with one change and a few additions. I changed the corn to hominy, added 2 cans instead of one and added cumin, garlic and cilantro.

The SPICY Pork Stew (more like soup)

• 4 pieces Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut Chops
  • 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
  • 1 pint Chicken Broth, I used 2 cans
  • 1 can (10 Oz. Can) Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilis - Pureed (do Not Drain Cans)
  • 4 whole Medium Red Potatoes
  • ¾ pounds Baby Carrots
  • 1 can (15 Oz. Cans) Sweet Corn, Drained
Preparation Instructions

Prepare ingredients:
Trim fat and cube pork into 1-inch pieces.
Peel and cube red potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Cut baby carrots in half.
Puree Rotel in a blender.
Drain cans of corn.
1. In large pot, heat oil then add cubed pork and brown the meat.
2. Once pork is browned, add chicken broth, pureed Rotel, potatoes, carrots and corn. Salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for at least an hour or until pork, carrots and potatoes are tender.
:chef:
Originally, I said your soup sounds good. I need to read things twice for the brain to understand. :ermm:

Thank you for posting your stew recipe!

We broke out the quesadilla maker and made...wait for it...quesadillas!!! I know! Original aren't we?

Seriously though, they were darned tasty. I also had a couple of oranges. Going to get cracking on popcorn soon too.
:LOL: Yeah I have a new waffle iron I want to use. I bet you can't guess what I want to make some time this week.

Originally, I said your soup sounds good. I need to read things twice for the brain to understand. :ermm:

Thank you for posting your stew recipe!

This stew recipe still lacked something, even after I added garlic, cumin and cilantro. I am glad I switched from yellow corn to Homey, I really liked that flavor. I think next time I will use pork shoulder roast, shredded. As the pork loin dried out cooking till tender.
It was also more of a "Soup" then "Stew". :chef:

i'm fairly certain it slipped me & jake's minds to make dinner last night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom