Originally Posted by PattY1
Soup. I can't decide between Spicy Steak Soup, Cream of Vegetable with potatoes or Spicy Pork Stew.
I made Cream of Vegetable soup with Potatoes, Carrots, onions and Broccoli and Cheese. I also made the Spicy Pork Stew with one change and a few additions. I changed the corn to hominy, added 2 cans instead of one and added cumin, garlic and cilantro.
The SPICY Pork Stew (more like soup)
- 4 pieces Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut Chops
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 pint Chicken Broth, I used 2 cans
- 1 can (10 Oz. Can) Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilis - Pureed (do Not Drain Cans)
- 4 whole Medium Red Potatoes
- ¾ pounds Baby Carrots
- 1 can (15 Oz. Cans) Sweet Corn, Drained
Trim fat and cube pork into 1-inch pieces.
Peel and cube red potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Cut baby carrots in half.
Puree Rotel in a blender.
Drain cans of corn.
1. In large pot, heat oil then add cubed pork and brown the meat.
2. Once pork is browned, add chicken broth, pureed Rotel, potatoes, carrots and corn. Salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for at least an hour or until pork, carrots and potatoes are tender.