"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
tried out a new recipe for smothered chicken. called for breast , i used thigh. sprinkle with lemon pepper and cook seven min. each side in skillet. set aside to keep warm. caramelized onions. interesting way, onion slices and brown sugar. cook bacon and do onions in drippings. then build. chicken , bacon, onions, and shredded cheese of your choice. it was good. then had buttered sweet potatoes with it. only did one thigh. but amounts could be increased.
That sounds like something I make, but I don't use onion. The chicken breast is breaded, then I top it with shredded cheddar and bacon. I bet your dinner was lovely!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 AM   #22
Master Chef

I had the leftover spaghetti bake.

I made Mark chicken-rice soup from homemade stock and just added sliced baby carrots and peas. It's not the most attractive soup, but I gave it a taste test, and it was yummy and warming. All Mark had with it was a handful of Saltines.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 AM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Broccoli and cauliflower primavera with spinach spaghetti.
I could actually make something like that, but I don't have the right kind of cheese or spinach spaghetti. That looks so good! I wish my SO liked cauliflower. He likes broccoli, but only once in a great while.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I had the leftover spaghetti bake.

I made Mark chicken-rice soup from homemade stock and just added sliced baby carrots and peas. It's not the most attractive soup, but I gave it a taste test, and it was yummy and warming. All Mark had with it was a handful of Saltines.

that soup looks yummy!!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #25
Master Chef

Broiled shell steak and cheesy, broccoli jasmine rice (shredded cheddar, butter, fresh broccoli, milk, water and jasmine rice).