What are you making for Elvis' birthday? Tuesday Jan 8, 07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
hi all.
my doll just walked out the door for work [late:huh:] and I asked him what he wanted.
I love it when he has an answer like this morning.
1. scalloped pototes with ham and cheese running through
2. steamed fresh green beans with butter/garlic/evoo/sage/s&p
3. simple quacamole and procuitto romaine lettuce wraps
4. Myer lemon mousse, from mom's Myer tree in her yard, with fresh vanilla whipped cream

Happy Birthday Elvis:heart:my memories of you live on...

Last edited:
never was a big Elvis fan..probably like him more now than when I was young.. I'm going to try Chef Tom's crockpot Beef Stroganoff .lol..if i get out of here on time to the store.

edit..didn't make it in time..so I'm gonna try Ol-Blue's pork loin with mushroom soup and onion soup ;)

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Elvis!

I'm going to have to do some thinking on this one. I might do my version of chicken marsala or I might just do cheese and tomato panini with some cream of tomato soup. I have a lot of time to think about it since I don't get off work until 3:00. I have to run a couple errands after work but surely there's a dozen grocery stores along the way. :chef:

How about some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Or meatloaf with mashed taters and gravy? Or any good ol' southern cooking? Here we'll just have burgers per college son's request. Trying to get all his homecooked faves in before he goes back this weekend.

Beef Stroganoff from Sunday's roast beef.
Never made it wth beef before, just hamburber. Should be good!

How about some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Or meatloaf with mashed taters and gravy? Or any good ol' southern cooking? Here we'll just have burgers per college son's request. Trying to get all his homecooked faves in before he goes back this weekend.
are you gonna do fries too? sounds wonderful, love a good burger...
had one of those pb&b's in Memphis a couple of months ago when my husband took me to the King's house there. of course I couldn't resist and didn't.:mellow:

How about some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

Elvis' birthday? Oh, that's one I forgot to put on my calendar LOL! Jabbur, I was watching the Food Network Challenge on Sunday and they were in Memphis (now I know why) and it was a sandwich competition. One guy made this absolutely decadent "Elvis" sandwich using banana bread, peanut butter, carmelized bananas and grilled it. I can't remember if he used an egg batter or not but it was delish looking.

As for me, since I didn't remember the occasion I am just making beef dips with homemade au jus from a small roast I found in the freezer. DH isn't home so it's just me and the boarders. One hates salad so I will just slice cucumbers and tomato but for the other and I it will be a Caesar salad.

I like that idea - yellow dinner. Tonight will be leftover chinese or anything else anyone can fix by themselves. My son is sick AGAIN (reoccuring fevers) and this time it is a doozy! We will be going to doc and then I don't know where or what - dinner is the last thing on my list-it might just be a liquid dinner for me tonight.

now I thought more of you would be doing justice to the king and his appetite, so maybe you'd be doing this or even one of these.
for me, not today as I have my meal already almost done.
the man's not even due home for hours, but I just lurve cookin:LOL:

I like that idea - yellow dinner. Tonight will be leftover chinese or anything else anyone can fix by themselves. My son is sick AGAIN (reoccuring fevers) and this time it is a doozy! We will be going to doc and then I don't know where or what - dinner is the last thing on my list-it might just be a liquid dinner for me tonight.
I am so sorry my friend. I know how much that plagues any mom when their little guy is ill. You know I'm thinking of you {hugs to you and your little guy} and sorry about the other day, no connectivity.............:wacko:

Last edited:
now I thought more of you would be doing justice to the king and his appetite, so maybe you'd be doing this or even one of these.
for me, not today as I have my meal already almost done.
the man's not even due home for hours, but I just lurve cookin:LOL:

Hey lefse, first of all I don't think Elvis' birthday is a National holiday here in Canada so I wasn't prepared! I do think I will try the poundcake; however, I will have to pass on the "day in the life of Elvis' stomach". :LOL:

And what pray tell is this wonderful meal that does not reflect this special occasion?

It looks as though it is beef dips for two 'cause DH is not eating at home and boarder #1 just came home early and headed to the Dr. All he wants when he gets home is some of my frozen chicken noodle soup. So that leaves me (who prefers vegetarian) and boarder #2 who is a young electrical apprentice and needs a big hearty meal. But the roast is in the oven, dough for homemade whole wheat rolls on the rise!

Michelemarie, I hope that your son feels better soon.

It is snowing again. I got off work early because the roads were starting to get bad. The worst thing was the blowing and drifting snow. What is normally a 15 minute drive home from work took me 40 minutes. Being home early I had time to plan dinner: pork chops, coleslaw, steamed broccoli, and nutty brown rice.

The rice is basically brown rice, cooked with onion that has been lightly sauteed and broth. Toasted almonds, parsley, and salt and pepper are stirred in after the cooking has been completed.

Michelemarie,
Please let us know how your son is doing. It is bad enough when us adults get sick but worse for the little ones in our lives.

Hey lefse, first of all I don't think Elvis' birthday is a National holiday here in Canada so I wasn't prepared! I do think I will try the poundcake
just an FYI, it is wonderful and if you enjoy pound cake, you might want to put this in your folder for future use. I made it and oh my goodness.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom