What are you making for your hunny today?, 2-14-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We picked up some lovely oyster mushrooms yesterday and wanted to try something different. Ended up deciding on oyster mushroom rockefeller and oyster mushrooms with dynamite sauce. For dessert, beet and dark chocolate cake.

With all the carb loading from last night's pasta and garlic bread (with leftovers for lunch), am thinking stir-fried vegetables tonight.

I'm marinating a pork tenderloin I sliced into medallions. I'll pan fry the medallions and we'll have that with some leftover pilaf and sautéed zucchini.

Danged colds put the elegant meal on the back burner, so to speak. Technically, it's all still in the fridge. Instead, we're into the last of the simmer on a pot of mushroom barley chicken soup.

I want my taste buds back! :ermm:

I made strawberry salad w/ shaved dark chocolate, mussels in white wine cream sauce, sirloin steak, and asparagus with lemon-butter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Attachments

• 1423962934586.jpg
    1423962934586.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 1423962949807.jpg
    1423962949807.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 172
I made a heart pizza. Homemade crust, mashed sweet potato spread in place of sauce,bacon,onion brown sugar,asparagus,cheese.

img_1409907_0_979faf555efa82b1c1828912952397ba.jpg

So...S&P...that's just plain mashed sweets for the sauce? That pizza sounds good (and tthe heart shape is very cute!). I have a bunch of bacon I need to use up before the next piggy goes to the butcher.

I had to work today, so DH pulled a couple of Porterhouse steaks out of the freezer and sealed them to try in the sous vide cooker. A little worried about that...they're the last steaks from a really good beef. He thinks that thing is wonderful though, so I'm sure I will love the steak, lol. Baked potatoes and a salad to go with. And a cherry cobbler I picked up from a bake sale, along with some vanilla Häagen-Dazs.

She made chicken vegetable soup from homemade stock. I made grilled reubens to go with. I managed to smuggle in a small chocolate mouse- cheesecake and a mixed glazed fruit tart, both from an Italian deli as a surprise for dessert

Rob got me chinese takeout and roses. I brought home store bought chocolate mousse cake. I didn't have time to bake anything, and we're not too into the mushy valentine's day stuff.

I made a pork tenderloin roast with cheesy Ranch rice and green beans. I pulled the pecan pie from Thanksgiving out of the freezer earlier this week and we had that for dessert.

So...S&P...that's just plain mashed sweets for the sauce? That pizza sounds good (and tthe heart shape is very cute!). I have a bunch of bacon I need to use up before the next piggy goes to the butcher.

I had to work today, so DH pulled a couple of Porterhouse steaks out of the freezer and sealed them to try in the sous vide cooker. A little worried about that...they're the last steaks from a really good beef. He thinks that thing is wonderful though, so I'm sure I will love the steak, lol. Baked potatoes and a salad to go with. And a cherry cobbler I picked up from a bake sale, along with some vanilla Häagen-Dazs.
Yes, sweet mashed taters made to spread over the dough.The 1st time I made this and must say. it was good.

I made: New England clam chowder
Crab stuffed portabello mushrooms
rib eye steaks, lobster tails, roasted potatoes, asparagus sautéed in bacon fat
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave and Joey....what great looking Valentine's Day meals! :ohmy::yum: Everyone's sounds really good.

I spent the day up in the Sierras with my daughters, my sons-in-law, and my 4 grandsons. :wub: We had a feast on the deck of their cabin - chicken salad sandwiches on a really good sourdough bread, mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto, grapes, and fresh baked apple pie. :yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom