What are you making or having for Christmas dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I can't believe no one has started a thread on this, not unless I missed it. I haven't been on here in a few days. :ermm: What are your plans?

We are going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. She is having roast beef and yorkshire pudding. That is all I know. I'm making crock-pot scalloped potatoes. I had no idea what else to make, since I don't know what else she is having and what another couple is bringing.

Tomorrow night, we are going to Mark's family Christmas dinner. I am not sure what they plan to prepare, but it's always good! I'm sure it will be turkey with all the fixin's, because his cousin is visiting for the holiday, and that is his favorite meal.

What about you?

Merry Christmas ‘09

dsc_0001.jpg

dsc_00101.jpg

dsc_0020.jpg

In Norway we have christmas on december 24 and thats when we have the "big" dinner and open the gifts.

We have had cod fish the last 9 years and it is very good :) We always buy a big one (at least 1,9 lbs).

Today we are having turkey.

I have caramel cinnamon rolls in the oven right now for breakfast then later I'll bake the home made pizza I put together yesterday. That along with the cookies and candies will be enough. If anyone is hungry later, I have sandwich fixings that they can make a sandwich. We had our big meal last night. It was good! We went to Nara of Japan and my son cooked for us a wonderful hibachi meal.

In Norway we have christmas on december 24 and thats when we have the "big" dinner and open the gifts.

We have had cod fish the last 9 years and it is very good :) We always buy a big one (at least 1,9 lbs).

Today we are having turkey.
Would not a fair sized cod be more like 1,9 Kg instead of 1,9 Lbs?
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all! We have a feast planned. Giant turkey in the brine right now, there will be stuffing, potatoes (can't decide between lemon chunky ones or just seasoned oven roast), broccoli wild rice casserole, steamed green beans (last ones from the garden), maybe carrots too. I'll do a big coleslaw with Dad's recipe, and to finish we will have rhubarb pie, chocolate peanut butter pie with whipped cream, and whatever baking survives the afternoon. I normally have sparkling drink stuff, but didn't bother buying any so we'll make Italian sodas in pretty wine glasses. I'm so EXCITED!!! My sister in law and her family are coming home from Africa this Christmas. Its been so long since we've seen them.

Geez I'm the biggest kid in the house. Everyone else is still asleep and I'm sitting here watching the lights twinkle on the tree and listening to the dog shred the toy Santa brought him. Merry Christmas everyone.

Just getting up and going this morning but i will be fixing a ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, chicken and noodles, green bean casserole, sweet corn, cheese ball, deviled eggs, all kinds of cookies, and pumpkin pie. Oh and a roast chicken for some little ones who don't eat ham. And if the weather doesn't improve I'll be eating it alone! Merry Christmas!

We are doing a large turkey, and going over to my in-laws for dinner.

We spent the least amount on presents this year, and it's been the best Christmas ever!

Hubby and I are going to my sister's for Christmas dinner. I'm bringing the appetizers and sodas.

My daughter and her family are coming over, and my errant grandson is home again. DH is cooking a 20 lb. ham, and I have made twice baked potatoes (potato boats) that just have to go in oven for about an hour. We'll also have rolls (brown & serve). My daughter is bringing Killer Baked Beans and a Red Velvet Cake. I might fix another vegie, although DH will say we don't need it.
His daughter and family will be here tomorrow, when we'll have ham sandwiches and snack off leftovers and Christmas goodies.

Merry Christmas to all of you! Here's wishing you peace and love!

Rib toast, cheesy peas (peas and velveeta, a family favorite), baked potatoes. Caramel monkey bread with coffee this morning, eggs benedict after a bit. Cheesecake for dessert. I came down with a raging cold yesterday, feeling really crappy today. Good thing it's just husband and son here today.

Fried turkey, ham, yeast rolls, dressing, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce mashed potatoes and gravy.

4213138371_bf10dfa99a_b.jpg

For desert Persimmon puff pastry tart.

4213135819_29453524b9_b.jpg

we are having a late dinner. stuffed clams as appy, Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio as pasta course, then the main entree roast beast (eye round roast), baked taters (topped with butter, sour cream and sniped fresh chives), mixed steamed veggies (brussel sprouts, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli), yorkshire pudding, baked sweet potatoes (hubs has to have sweets) and burgundy gravy. also sparkling apple/cranberry cider. i wasn't feeling well for the last week, so i didn't make any pies. pumpkin pie will be made after dinner for a late dessert. i will try to get pics.

Hubbys cooking with his new Christmas knives. Pepper crusted pork roast, home made mashed taters, green beans barely cooked, Apple chutney, salad and a very questionable looking cooked celery casserole thing....

I made the centerpiece

img_867775_0_3a34ff2a0e2ab5597537536af3c27ad3.jpg

img_867775_1_144aa9723bcc4cc3e3ba1c210d69b1aa.jpg

img_867775_2_16a9a17f7796597a28b212da5148f70a.jpg

img_867775_3_271ee51082b03b6c27db97d2f5919774.jpg

img_867775_4_8c7af294e099abade8fc144cbc0d653e.jpg

img_867775_5_47d35b60119a5c78734085df2e76c9ec.jpg

Clockwise: Baked potato (butter, sour cream and chives), Pasta Shells and Broccoli Aglio Olio, Eye round roast with burgundy gravy, yorkshire pudding, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and brussels sprouts.

img_867775_6_7536809cfa4bb9790b6daba16f8619bb.jpg

and Sparkling Apple/Cranberry Cider. Not to fancy but tasty.

i was going for ham and the fixings. handy man brought me tamales and i ate one of those, so not hungry . it was wonderful, i bet his sis made them for christmas eve.
still not completely well.

my Dad baked a ham, my Mom smashed taters, there were veggies & crescents. i loved the taters & veggies. they can keep thier ham & cresents. pineapple-coconut drink my Dad gave me, & a glass of zinfandel my Mom poured me.

my Dad baked a ham, my Mom smashed taters, there were veggies & crescents. i loved the taters & veggies. they can keep thier ham & cresents. pineapple-coconut drink my Dad gave me, & a glass of zinfandel my Mom poured me.
hello sweetie!! i have a bottle of zin sitting here for 2 years and my hub won't let me drink it!!

hi luv, & merry Christmas! he probably owns his reasons for disliking alcohol, though i myself would make jake snooze in the streets if he gave me orders.

hi luv, & merry Christmas! he probably owns his reasons for disliking alcohol, though i myself would make jake snooze in the streets if he gave me orders.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm i have never had a drinking prob but he has probs on HIS side of the family (which we never see) so i get punished!!

Back
Top Bottom