What Are You Meating for Dinner? 20-Dec-2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
We have some friends coming over this evening and I have been wanting meat loaf for a while, but I have been too busy to think about it.

I am using this recipe for it but I dropped some of the lemon juice and added jalapeno powder to the glaze (jalapenos from our garden that I dried and ground up).

I have mashed/whipped taters planned and either corn or peas (or both).

You don't have to be making a meat dish for dinner to let us know what you are meating for dinner today. :yum:

We're having pork chops California, which are pork chops browned then cooked in a tomato-brown sugar sauce and topped with lemon slices. Sides will include buttered poppy seed-sprinkled noodles, Italian green beans. Iced and/or hot tea to drink and spice cake for dessert.

gather round fellow gastronauts....no no,come back,i just want to ask a question.do you have ocd,obsessive cooking disorder?i mean,do you latch onto a cooking technique,ingredient or cooking implement & feel an almost supernatural compulsion to use it time after time after time?no?bloody hell it's just me then....my name is harry & i'm a loon:wacko:!!help me for i fear my wok has latched onto me like some elemental from the other side:ermm:!!
right,so while i levitate,spin me head thru' 360degrees & talk in tongues,you lot can look at me food pics.harry's surf & turf portuguese inspired pork & mussel stir fry with oyster sauce steamed british choi sum & white & wild rice(courtesy of uncle ben.2mins in the micro...ping!).ice cold doragon award winning sake as dry & floral as cherry blossom in spring.bless!

Attachments

• PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 002.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 002.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 198
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 003.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 003.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 203
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 004.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 004.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 242
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 005.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 005.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 196
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 006.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 006.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 194
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 007.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 007.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 193
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 008.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 008.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 216
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 009.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 009.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 208
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 010.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 010.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 011.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 011.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 218
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 012.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 012.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 208
  • PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 013.JPG
    PORK & MUSSEL STIR FRY 013.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 257
Harry, nice little array of bottles to make up a sauce with. I think that's the main reason I don't stir-fry more often. Every sauce I make tastes the same because I have no idea what I'm doing ;)
Well, that and I never seem to fill up. I need an Italian stir-fry dish :LOL:

I think I might grill a couple small lobster tails tonight and whip up a pasta side for dinner.

It's warm enough to use the grill so I'll throw on a couple of pieces of kielbasa and serve it up with a veggie and a salad.

Too busy at the moment for "real" cooking so it was a jacket potato done in the m/wave and cheddar cheese and store bought coleslaw with a glass or three of white wine. (Tiring and tiresome day!)

In a way I'll be glad when Christmas is over. Not in the mood. I'll probably be OK by Christmas Eve but so far - forget it!

Brought the neighbors some cookies, when we walked in it smelled heavenly. They had just cooked a standing rib roast (prime rib), to perfection! They sent us home with a big chunk of it. I think that we got the better end of that deal!

He had rubbed it with a lot of fresh garlic and rosemary and it was fantastic, cooked to perfection and the flavor of the garlic and rosemary really came through. This was the first time that he had cooked prime rib, and he nailed it!

We had some leftover rice pilaf (Andy M's recipe) and some green beans.

All week, both DH's and my workplaces have had magnificent spreads in the lounge, and we have indulged.

So tonight I made tuna salad with chopped hard-boiled eggs. We'll pick at it with crackers.

All week, both DH's and my workplaces have had magnificent spreads in the lounge, and we have indulged.

So tonight I made tuna salad with chopped hard-boiled eggs. We'll pick at it with crackers.

Same here. I take care of the food services contract for my employer and today's Christmas lunch was grilled Atlantic salmon with garlic mashed and baby asparagus. Some sort of fantastic sauce on the salmon. I had a hotdog for supper.

I did things a little differently, too, but it all came together OK.

Attachments

• Lobster and pasta.jpg
    Lobster and pasta.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 304
We had pan fried thick loin lamb chops I bought at Costco again. I think if I was on death row for my last meal, I would order them but I'd have to cook them. When I eat them I sound just like Sally.
img_1329043_0_70d8d7bb7dfe05af13dfa81caa37974d.jpg

gather round fellow gastronauts....no no,come back,i just want to ask a question.do you have ocd,obsessive cooking disorder?i mean,do you latch onto a cooking technique,ingredient or cooking implement & feel an almost supernatural compulsion to use it time after time after time?no?bloody hell it's just me then....my name is harry & i'm a loon:wacko:!!help me for i fear my wok has latched onto me like some elemental from the other side:ermm:!!
right,so while i levitate,spin me head thru' 360degrees & talk in tongues,you lot can look at me food pics.harry's surf & turf portuguese inspired pork & mussel stir fry with oyster sauce steamed british choi sum & white & wild rice(courtesy of uncle ben.2mins in the micro...ping!).ice cold doragon award winning sake as dry & floral as cherry blossom in spring.bless!

I am currently interested in American Southern cooking, dear Harry. But I'm not too obsessed of it. It is interesting to learn of different cooking.

I'm sometimes confused of your posts, but not of your photos. I don't know the answer to your question, or questions, but I do see what a wonderful cook you are, and I missed you.

With love,
~Cat

We are just picking at leftovers. Had a big holiday meal at work today at lunch time. DH came to the office for it, as his work called a snow day. Quite the spread for our potluck, we had roast turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, potato salad, Caesar salad, green salad, an interesting potato casserole, green bean casserole, a crudités platter and rolls. For dessert, cheese cake, two kinds of cookies, popcorn squares, pumpkin pie and strawberry shortcake with whipped cream. It was all pretty yum, at least what I ate. Oops almost forgot, cranberry sauce.....well we really didn't have it, because the person that was going to make it fresh, didn't come to work because of the snow. Someone ran to the store for the canned stuff, but we couldn't find the can opener, so no cranberries ;)

Last edited:
I did things a little differently, too, but it all came together OK.
omg those lobbie tails look the bomb pac!!luvving the presentation on linguine?nice job:chef:!!saw in costco that they are selling packs of 2 claw island lobster tails,in the freezer section,for less than a £10/less than $15.reckon i might just wander down their next week,after seeing your dish,mate:yum:
oh yeah,ahem,nice to see you've remembered how to use the camera......;)!

Last edited:
I am currently interested in American Southern cooking, dear Harry. But I'm not too obsessed of it. It is interesting to learn of different cooking.

I'm sometimes confused of your posts, but not of your photos. I don't know the answer to your question, or questions, but I do see what a wonderful cook you are, and I missed you.

With love,
~Cat
don't worry cat,I'M confused by my posts too:wacko::LOL:!!thank you for the kind words about my cooking.most gracious of you & much appreciated by me,to be sure:)!

We had pan fried thick loin lamb chops I bought at Costco again. I think if I was on death row for my last meal, I would order them but I'd have to cook them. When I eat them I sound just like Sally.
wow,those are big boys,kayelle:ohmy:!dinner looks fabulous.definitely screen lickielicious:chef:!!
more of the same please,k;)!!

Harry, nice little array of bottles to make up a sauce with. I think that's the main reason I don't stir-fry more often. Every sauce I make tastes the same because I have no idea what I'm doing ;)
Well, that and I never seem to fill up. I need an Italian stir-fry dish :LOL:

I think I might grill a couple small lobster tails tonight and whip up a pasta side for dinner.
chinese cooking is very similar to the batch cooking system employed in indian resto's.as you know,there will be 3 or 4 basic sauces(gravies)on the back burners & the chef's just add the appropriate spices/herbs to a dollop of gravy along with the meat or seafood,in a pan,to create the jalfrezi,madras or vindaloo that the diner ordered.same with chinese.the sauces aren't pre mixed but the basic stirfry sauce is usually rice wine,soy,garlic,ginger & sesame oil which you just adjust with your hoisin,black bean,oyster,chilli sauces or whatever to get to the dish you want.simps!!

Back
Top Bottom