What are you Munching this Monday? 01/20/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to grill a rack of ribs for dinner. Maybe I'll make some coleslaw, too.

Spaghetti bolognese...

Attachments

• 2014-01-15 Spaghetti bolognese_kl.JPG
    2014-01-15 Spaghetti bolognese_kl.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 230
Don't suppose you will be trying out some celeriac in that coleslaw? :rolleyes:

Soon, soon...
I need to get back into that store first. And I'm more tempted to try it with potatoes first. As soon as you give me your recipe ;)

We finished the turkey soup last night, so I threw together a make-do lasagna using no-boil noodles, some of my canned oven-roasted tomato sauce, some browned Italian sausage I'd squirreled away in the freezer, along with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. I made enough to have a pan to put in the freezer. I'm always happy when that happens.

We'll have a green veggie along with and I'll toast the last of a fresh baguette into garlic bread. Hot tea for Glenn and raspberry iced tea for me. Pistachio pudding for dessert.

I think it will be "grazing on leftovers" night. Neither of us are all that hungry as we are both on pain killers. There is chicken, salmon, Greek salad, kale salad, and rice, along with a variety of fresh veggies. I am sure we can come up with something!

Edit: Aunt Bea reminded me there are also leftover mashed potatoes!

Last night I came across a large sirloin steak in the freezer. I took it out. I'll cut it in half and broil it tonight with salads. I have 4 potato cakes left from lunch yesterday that I'll warm up.

I made up some char siu this afternoon. I am going to do up a bowl of udon noodles ramen style with some beef broth, spices, the pork, some bok choy, and a few other things I have around...

No cooking for me tonight. I'll put out a smørrebrødsbord. We went to Costco and we picked up some really nice bread and some smoked Norwegian salmon, as well as some cheeses and cretons. I'll also put out hard boiled eggs, salami, vegis, and homemade dip for the vegis.

No cooking for me tonight. I'll put out a smørrebrødsbord. We went to Costco and we picked up some really nice bread and some smoked Norwegian salmon, as well as some cheeses and cretons. I'll also put out hard boiled eggs, salami, vegis, and homemade dip for the vegis.

Do you leave that out and pick all night when you do that?

Not usually. Don't want the meats or fish sitting at room temperature for too long.

I didn't know if you set the fish/meats on plates on ice or something.
That seems like a lot of work to set up a spread if you aren't going to nibble on it all night. It sounds like a nice alternative to dinner though.

Back
Top Bottom