What are you tucking into on Tuesday? Oct 14th 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I roasted salmon fillets, coated with a honey and harrissa mix, on a bed of onions, garlic,cumin and fennel seeds. They were served with lemon, chickpea, mint and parsley couscous. And it was rather good! :yum:

Sounds tasty, Katy.

We're taking advantage of lovely late summer weather and grilling tonight. I'll do burgers topped with genoa salami and provolone cheese and dressed with tomato and mayonnaise. A tossed salad and a beer will complete the meal.

I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight. I'll probably have the burger and their homemade potato chips - actual chips and not French fries ;) We have lots of leftovers for DH, who is working late tonight. I have a feeling he'll heat up some of the posole from Saturday.

Sounds tasty, Katy.

We're taking advantage of lovely late summer weather and grilling tonight. I'll do burgers topped with genoa salami and provolone cheese and dressed with tomato and mayonnaise. A tossed salad and a beer will complete the meal.

this weather reminds me of last fall. really warm right up until late november when winter suddenly came on full blast. i wonder if this winter will be as rough.

as far as your burger goes, i'm hooked on adding a slice of hame, prosciutto, or salami to my cheeseburgers. it just adds another delicious meaty level that works so well with the beef and cheese.

everyone is sick in my house tonight. my boy came home from school early today with a fever, and dw is still sick. she's been on a really sick/getting a little better rollercoaster for the past 10 days or so. and now i can feel it coming on.

nonetheless, i went food shopping while dw made mini pierogies (potato and cheese) for herself, and i'm pumping the boy full of gatorade and gingerale.

i'll figure out dinner later. :(

I think I'll do some meatloaves. One for dinner and one for the freezer. Oven roasted potato's and a cucumber salad. We also have some Albondigas soup left over from Sunday night if anyone is in the mood. The remainder of that will also go in the freezer for later.

Taco salad. Apple pie just came out of the oven and my youngest is dancing around the kitchen like a crazy thing as she impatiently waits for it to be cool enough to eat.

Taco salad. Apple pie just came out of the oven and my youngest is dancing around the kitchen like a crazy thing as she impatiently waits for it to be cool enough to eat.

"Youngest is dancing around the kitchen like a crazy thing as she waits for it to be cool enough to eat." So cute. :)

She took the picture then tucked in.

Attachments

• 20141014_201047.jpg
    20141014_201047.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 157
alix, that took a lot of self discipline! yum!

i ended up getting chinese takeout on my way in to work.

beef chow ho fun, extra spicy as it's stir fried with hot chili oil and i get extra dry hot chinese peppers to crush on top, and a small shrimp chow mein.

the lady at the chinese place said i eat my noodles like they do in szechuan province where she is from. i like the heat as well as the textural addition of dry hot pepper flakes on the noodles.

does anyone else do this? chief? i know you're a chilli head.

have you ever had chow fun noodles, lp?

chow mei fun are like angel hair; chow ho fun (or just chow fun) are approx. inch wide noodles.

in comparison, lo mein noodles are like spaghetti.

Last edited:
Alix, what a great looking pie! Drooling here. :yum:

sigh....I had another bowl of vegetable barley soup. for dinner tonight. I think I'll toss the rest...after several bowls of it, I'm ready for a stick-to-the-ribs meat and potatoes dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom