"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Love hearing all the family plans - God Bless, and Happy Easter !

Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Our egg hunt will be indoors, theres still quite a bit of snow, and its only supposed to be 35 degrees.
We are having my husbands side of the fam over for dinner. I decided I wanted to do it all myself so I'm not letting anyone bring anything.
Ham, augratin potatoes for sure, I cant decide what else for sides. Maybe green bean casserole?
What sides is everyone else making? I need to think up dessert also. I'll take suggestions!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Our egg hunt will be indoors, theres still quite a bit of snow, and its only supposed to be 35 degrees.
We are having my husbands side of the fam over for dinner. I decided I wanted to do it all myself so I'm not letting anyone bring anything.
Ham, augratin potatoes for sure, I cant decide what else for sides. Maybe green bean casserole?
What sides is everyone else making? I need to think up dessert also. I'll take suggestions!
Here's a dessert idea: Andrea's Recipes: Easter Bunny Cake and a Lesson in Frugality

Roasted asparagus or green beans are great, drizzled with lemon juice.

We don't do Easter, but I'm having a dinner party on Saturday. I'll post about that separately.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

i just found out that we're going to my sis's, and we'll be having a little b'day party for my son. my niece's boyfriend is a cop in town, so he's gonna let my little guy sit in and take a ride in the police car. that should be the hit of the party.

oh, we're bringing the baked ziti, and i'm thinking of making a second dish. gonna do some searching.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #15
Executive Chef

That will be great, BT! I know your little guy has been wanting to play with a cop, right? And for his birthday! Just think, he'll be able to say the cops have been showing up at his birthday parties since he was 4!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
Sous Chef

We are taking our exchange student to an Easter concert on Friday night and meeting my parents for dinner (who will kindly take my 16 month old for the evening). The we'll stay at my parent's house and give my little son an Easter egg hunt Saturday, go to a wedding reception Saturday night, then go home. Easter morning I'll give the fam their Easter baskets and we'll pretty much have a normal day: church, nap, dinner. I guess I should do a special meal or something but I haven't thought about it.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
That will be great, BT! I know your little guy has been wanting to play with a cop, right? And for his birthday! Just think, he'll be able to say the cops have been showing up at his birthday parties since he was 4!!!
rofl, f-mom!!!!!

i hadn't thought of that! i'm sure it won't be long before he's shouting "cops!!!!" and running.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Hey, if it doesn't scare your boy, get a pic of him in handcuffs getting put into the cruiser. Wouldn't that be priceless?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

scared? it's not 5 minutes after i get home that he slaps the cuffs on me every night. turn around is fair play, i'll tell him.

oh, i forgot. i took saturday off all together, and we're going on a vintage train ride to see the easter bunny. also, we're gonna be decorating eggs, and having an egg hunt sometime over the weekend.

the best part last night was when i was reading a book to him about easter, there was a picture of people all dressed up going to church. so he asked for a light blue suit with a red bowtie to wear to church, like the boy in the picture. lots more blackmail pics for someday...

Old 03-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
scared? it's not 5 minutes after i get home that he slaps the cuffs on me every night. turn around is fair play, i'll tell him.

oh, i forgot. i took saturday off all together, and we're going on a vintage train ride to see the easter bunny. also, we're gonna be decorating eggs, and having an egg hunt sometime over the weekend.

the best part last night was when i was reading a book to him about easter, there was a picture of people all dressed up going to church. so he asked for a light blue suit with a red bowtie to wear to church, like the boy in the picture. lots more blackmail pics for someday...
I love the suit request. One of my sons, who will be 18 tomorrow, wanted red suspenders to go with his light blue, short pants, Easter suit when he was 3. He still hates that picture!!!