What are your Easter plans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, I have to work. All freakin' day. 0700 to close, which is 8 pm. I'm not sure what my other is planning.

Sorry, Allen to hear that you have to work. We won't be doing much except watch the snow melt......YEAHHHH!!! But then Monday we should get pictures of our granddaughter at her Easter egg hunt. My son promised to send some. She is now five and at the age to understand that Christmas means presents and Easter means candy and baskets. For those of you watching your kids hunt eggs thrill the kids and let them hide the eggs and the adults then search for them. They LOVE it and will follow around and "help" you.....:)

Last weekend we went and met the Easter bunny. Fun all around.
We will be dying eggs tomorrow. It will be messy! Maybe we could do it outside, its supposed to be sunny.
I will get up early to hide eggs and baskets on Sunday. Last year I left a little note with a hint to find the next egg. Aidan doesn't look for things very hard so I think I will do that again.
I will do an Easter basket for both the kids. I couldn't find any decent little toys to put in them so it will be all candy. I love Easter candy!
If the weather is nice we will ride out bikes to the park. I'll make dhs favorite pasta dish, then I have rehearsal that evening.

Last weekend we went and met the Easter bunny. Fun all around.
We will be dying eggs tomorrow. It will be messy! Maybe we could do it outside, its supposed to be sunny.
I will get up early to hide eggs and baskets on Sunday. Last year I left a little note with a hint to find the next egg. Aidan doesn't look for things very hard so I think I will do that again.
I will do an Easter basket for both the kids. I couldn't find any decent little toys to put in them so it will be all candy. I love Easter candy!
If the weather is nice we will ride out bikes to the park. I'll make dhs favorite pasta dish, then I have rehearsal that evening.
How did the egg dying go? I had the kids here and we did the dying outside on the grass..I have two small kids tables so they had fun..Little Olivia took to it like a duck to water..She was so intent that when all the eggs were done, she just kept standing over the color she picked with the last egg spooning the color over and over..Poor little thing followed her auntie crying to have the dish back to keep dying the same egg..She just sobbed when it got poured out..I felt so sorry for her..Next time we do something if one of the kids is really intent on it, it does NOT
get taken away til they tire of it completely..Poor kid sat in my lap and sobbed for over a half hour...Then fell asleep..So next time Ma is taking charge:LOL:
Other than that, it was a blast, the boys each had fun and gave e and pa hugs and said thank you..Guess the old Easter bunny better cough up some nice baskets:ROFLMAO:

kades

dinner with friends tomorrow at their place.
Next week I have to do the corned beef etc.
the following week I'll do the lamb.

Got behind cause Easter is so early this year.

We are starting to dye eggs now, looks like it will be an indoor easter egg hunt this year. Not sure what the church will be doing, they were also planning an easter egg hunt but it may have to be indoors now as well.

Being more a pagan than anything else, I'm more apt to celebrate the arrival of spring, complete with finally seeing the robins again!!!!! However, I'm also very proud of family traditions, so I've been baking easter pies and breads all weekend.

I had company for dinner last evening, and again this evening. Tomorrow, I'll put out the coloured eggs as usual, but my daughter cannot be home to hunt for them with my son... I'll make brunch and dinner for who ever happens to be around.

The celebration of spring shall continue as I look forward to the newly sighted buds opening.

The celebration of spring shall continue as I look forward to the newly sighted buds opening.

Vera - we have Bradford Pears blooming all over that are beautiful - just a cloud of white - some trees are bright green with buds - I'm sneezing all the time time :LOL: I LOVE how things come alive again.

Perhaps a little late to post, but Buck and I really didn't have any "big" Easter plans. Just the two of us. I made a bit of a special breakfast and had a fun Easter basket on the table when Buck came downstairs this morning.

We had a nice dinner and some Easter candy for dessert. Very quiet but nice.

Perhaps a little late to post, but Buck and I really didn't have any "big" Easter plans. Just the two of us. I made a bit of a special breakfast and had a fun Easter basket on the table when Buck came downstairs this morning.

We had a nice dinner and some Easter candy for dessert. Very quiet but nice.
That's what it is all about:) we had a wonderful noisy chocolate covered faces, hugs and kisses day..Now the kids have gone home, DH and I are watching the Warriors basketball game..I snuck away for a minute..and he is sneaking some ham and a roll and a dish of ice cream:LOL: it's quiet, and peaceful, we are both filled to the brim with little kids hugs and kisses and good food..
noisy or quiet, it's the love we share that makes it a perfect day..
kadesma

Our first priority today was go to church. My DH and brother grilled some steak and chicken fajitas, sister and mom brought some rice and potato salad, sister-in-law brought some fruit salad, I made some salmon/cream cheese appetizers, green salad, bean soup and Easter cupcakes. We had an Easter basket piñata filled with candy for the kids then they had their egg hunt in the backyard. It was so much fun!

How did the egg dying go? I had the kids here and we did the dying outside on the grass..I have two small kids tables so they had fun..Little Olivia took to it like a duck to water..She was so intent that when all the eggs were done, she just kept standing over the color she picked with the last egg spooning the color over and over..Poor little thing followed her auntie crying to have the dish back to keep dying the same egg..She just sobbed when it got poured out..I felt so sorry for her..Next time we do something if one of the kids is really intent on it, it does NOT
get taken away til they tire of it completely..Poor kid sat in my lap and sobbed for over a half hour...Then fell asleep..So next time Ma is taking charge:LOL:
Other than that, it was a blast, the boys each had fun and gave e and pa hugs and said thank you..Guess the old Easter bunny better cough up some nice baskets:ROFLMAO:

kades

Oh, pour sweet Olivia. I suppose she was just having too much fun to stop.

Pretty fun dying and Easter for us, though the weather turned on us and we had to do it inside.
I got the paas speckled egg kit. Only 3 colors but it minimized the mess. After they dried, the kit also came with 3 colors of sparkly paint and little sponges. The kids had a lot of fun dying and then painting their eggs.

Easter we did the eggs and baskets. Aidan was so excited about his new books in his basket that he forgot all about eating his easter candy. Callum was the opposite.
It was pouring rain so I took Aidan to see Horton Hears a Who. It was a good movie. Good for adults too and not too scary for the kids. Then we went to Barnes and Noble for over an hour and read books together, followed by a hot chocolate. Then we came home and I made dinner. It was a good day.

For more Lamb prep and dinner pictures click on the RED

Wonderful Easter dinner yesterday, nice but windy day to be cooking outside, though my grandkids in Ohio were hunting Easter Eggs in the snow, we had a beautiful day to end long gray days of early spring, with promises of gardens, and fresh tomatoes and peppers hanging on the new plants. Regardless of my attention to detail the lamb roast came up almost 10 degrees during the resting period and again was not as rare as I had hoped, but was perfectly tender and with my Brother's inspired pesto filling was a tasty slice. I fixed creamed pearl onions and peas, and brought some new potatoes with fresh dill to the table with the lamb.The DigiQ II worked its magic, and though the roast took forever, I was NOT going to turn the temperature up and overcook the meat on the Grill. We have some good lamb sandwiches and maybe a Gyro or two to look forward to by next week.

Cooking outside with the KingsKooker is wild in the wind, I included a picture of my hot-pan-holder on fire and it was 5 inches away from the cooker, there is just nothing like the smell of burning cotton in the air. :wacko:

browninglamb22.jpg

Cooking outside with the KingsKooker is wild in the wind, I included a picture of my hot-pan-holder on fire and it was 5 inches away from the cooker, there is just nothing like the smell of burning cotton in the air. :wacko:

:LOL:Sorry, can't help but laugh.:LOL: If it makes you feel better my baked-potato cooker caught fire in the microwave. Talk about an appetizing smell!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom