"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Perhaps a little late to post, but Buck and I really didn't have any "big" Easter plans. Just the two of us. I made a bit of a special breakfast and had a fun Easter basket on the table when Buck came downstairs this morning.

We had a nice dinner and some Easter candy for dessert. Very quiet but nice.
That's what it is all about we had a wonderful noisy chocolate covered faces, hugs and kisses day..Now the kids have gone home, DH and I are watching the Warriors basketball game..I snuck away for a minute..and he is sneaking some ham and a roll and a dish of ice cream it's quiet, and peaceful, we are both filled to the brim with little kids hugs and kisses and good food..
noisy or quiet, it's the love we share that makes it a perfect day..
kadesma

Old 03-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #32
Master Chef

Same here, wired kids all day long!!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Our first priority today was go to church. My DH and brother grilled some steak and chicken fajitas, sister and mom brought some rice and potato salad, sister-in-law brought some fruit salad, I made some salmon/cream cheese appetizers, green salad, bean soup and Easter cupcakes. We had an Easter basket piņata filled with candy for the kids then they had their egg hunt in the backyard. It was so much fun!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
How did the egg dying go? I had the kids here and we did the dying outside on the grass..I have two small kids tables so they had fun..Little Olivia took to it like a duck to water..She was so intent that when all the eggs were done, she just kept standing over the color she picked with the last egg spooning the color over and over..Poor little thing followed her auntie crying to have the dish back to keep dying the same egg..She just sobbed when it got poured out..I felt so sorry for her..Next time we do something if one of the kids is really intent on it, it does NOT
get taken away til they tire of it completely..Poor kid sat in my lap and sobbed for over a half hour...Then fell asleep..So next time Ma is taking charge
Other than that, it was a blast, the boys each had fun and gave e and pa hugs and said thank you..Guess the old Easter bunny better cough up some nice baskets

kades
Oh, pour sweet Olivia. I suppose she was just having too much fun to stop.

Pretty fun dying and Easter for us, though the weather turned on us and we had to do it inside.
I got the paas speckled egg kit. Only 3 colors but it minimized the mess. After they dried, the kit also came with 3 colors of sparkly paint and little sponges. The kids had a lot of fun dying and then painting their eggs.

Easter we did the eggs and baskets. Aidan was so excited about his new books in his basket that he forgot all about eating his easter candy. Callum was the opposite.
It was pouring rain so I took Aidan to see Horton Hears a Who. It was a good movie. Good for adults too and not too scary for the kids. Then we went to Barnes and Noble for over an hour and read books together, followed by a hot chocolate. Then we came home and I made dinner. It was a good day.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #35
Cook

For more Lamb prep and dinner pictures click on the RED

Wonderful Easter dinner yesterday, nice but windy day to be cooking outside, though my grandkids in Ohio were hunting Easter Eggs in the snow, we had a beautiful day to end long gray days of early spring, with promises of gardens, and fresh tomatoes and peppers hanging on the new plants. Regardless of my attention to detail the lamb roast came up almost 10 degrees during the resting period and again was not as rare as I had hoped, but was perfectly tender and with my Brother's inspired pesto filling was a tasty slice. I fixed creamed pearl onions and peas, and brought some new potatoes with fresh dill to the table with the lamb.The DigiQ II worked its magic, and though the roast took forever, I was NOT going to turn the temperature up and overcook the meat on the Grill. We have some good lamb sandwiches and maybe a Gyro or two to look forward to by next week.

Cooking outside with the KingsKooker is wild in the wind, I included a picture of my hot-pan-holder on fire and it was 5 inches away from the cooker, there is just nothing like the smell of burning cotton in the air.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGeek View Post
Cooking outside with the KingsKooker is wild in the wind, I included a picture of my hot-pan-holder on fire and it was 5 inches away from the cooker, there is just nothing like the smell of burning cotton in the air.
Sorry, can't help but laugh. If it makes you feel better my baked-potato cooker caught fire in the microwave. Talk about an appetizing smell!

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote