What are your "when no one is watching" recipies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Foodfiend said:
This is a great comfort food, but I would not serve it to guests. I like Creamed Tuna:
3 cans tuna
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
1+1/2 cans milk
3 boiled eggs, sliced

Add all to a pot and bring to just about a boil, just enough to get it hot. Serve over bread/toast or eat plain in a bowl.

I bet if you served it in a chafing dish with toasted bread cubes you could call it Tuna Fondue.

Haggis said:
Vegemite toast with lots of butter.

oooohhhhhhhh, haggis, i am born and raised, 100% American, and i swoon over vegemite toast. it's the foodie in me that made me buy a jar in the first place. i love vegemite as much as i love beer!:ohmy: :) it makes all of my fellow Americans weak in the knees. babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

:-p not to call you all babies, lol, just trying to stir up some interest in vegemite. it's love or hate.

and as i've said before, if you want to put a grown man in his place and make him cry, let him have a big spoonful of vegemite. you'll want a camera handy to take a snapshot, lol.:ROFLMAO:

I must be a weirdo or something - I don't have any crazy recipes like these. :ermm:
Probably has something to do with being one of those people who tends to forget to eat sometimes when I'm busy doing something..

John

I just thought of another one! Mashed banana sandwiches with mayo. The banana just kinda oozes out all over my hands & I get to lick it all off! I know what I'm having for lunch today!!:LOL: One of my favorite sweet things to eat when no one is around is Oreos with peanut butter spread on them. I think that may be afternoon snack today!

luvs_food said:
:-p not to call you all babies, lol, just trying to stir up some interest in vegemite. it's love or hate.

and as i've said before, if you want to put a grown man in his place and make him cry, let him have a big spoonful of vegemite. you'll want a camera handy to take a snapshot, lol.:ROFLMAO:

We thought about carrying Marmite or Vegemite in our British section, but I was concerned that it wouldn't sell well. Shoud we add it?

thier1754 said:
We thought about carrying Marmite or Vegemite in our British section, but I was concerned that it wouldn't sell well. Shoud we add it?

you know, i'm not really sure? i don't think it would sell all so well unless you offered samples, in which case, it might sell even worse. i am just into trying out new foods.:)

Hmm, there are some pretty interesting combos here, for sure. I guess my tastes are rather plain. I like toast with peanut butter, or an onion bagel with cream cheese. Maybe a couple pieces of toast with a fried egg. That's about it. Happy Eating! :)

AllenMI said:
For me, it's either tuna salad sandwiches, Ramen noodles (Gasp!), or mac-n-cheese with a can of tuna added.
Mmmmm, Im with you Allen. I love any salad sandwich. In fact, Im the salad sandwich connoisseur. :chef: I have one every day for lunch, all year round.

Last edited:
Potatoe Chip Salad

Mix crushed potatoe chips with french onion dip and eat.

Chicken Fat Sandwich

Just spread hot chicken fat on two slices of white bread and eat

Pork Fat Sandwich

Same method as above but add a liitle salt

Back
Top Bottom