What can I make with these ingredients?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorelei

Assistant Cook
Hi! I am a college student who is finishing up a term and I have some random cooking supplies that I would like to use up. If anyone knows what I can make with this, I would be so happy! (Desserts are so important during finals :wacko: )

Milk
Baker's chocolate
Flour
Sugar
Brown sugar
Vanilla
Cinnamon
Nutella
Margarine/Butter

I was thinking of making fudge, but it looks like all fudge recipes call for condensed milk. Is this true? Also, brownies need eggs... Anyway, any comments would be much appreciated!

Lorelei :)

Well .... most of what you listed are "pantry staples" .... they don't go bad at the end of a semester. With the exception of the Milk and Margarine/Butter - they will hold over for next semester - or for up to about a year.

If you want to make brownies ... buy some eggs ... and then make scrambled eggs for breakfast out of the rest. Buy a loaf of bread ... you can then have toast slathered with some of that Margarine/Butter - and you can dry toast some and spread with some of your Nutella (toasted bagels also work well ...)

If you want to make fudge ... buy a can of condensed milk (if that is what the recipe calls for) and make it .. you will not have any leftovers.

Last edited:
Go to this site

http://allrecipes.com/

and you'll be able to type in your ingredients and they'll come up with a recipe for you. I typed in flour, milk, brown sugar, chocolate and found a chocolate fudge cake and some cookies. So you'll have quite a few options by mixing and matching your ingredients.

If you bought eggs, you could whip up several different types of cookies, such as chocolate chunk and snickerdoodles. Or you could make chocolate chunk muffins and fill them with a spoonful of nutella, for a chocolatey centre.

Make two pie crust and top one with cinnamon and the other with chocolates. We get this at the pizza place all the time. Only difference would be the crust instead of the pizza pie yeast dough.

go ahead and make the fudge with just regular milk. it'll be just fine.
icon12.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom