What dessert on Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frenchys

Cook
I was wondering what is the traditionnal dessert for Christmas in your country ?

For example, in france itś the chocolate buche :)

Our's is a number of different delicious desserts, sherry trifle (as above), Christmas Pudding made with dried fruit and suet and served with with brandy butter or cream.
We also eat rich fruit cake covered in icing - Christmas Cake,mince pies and cream and chocolate log - all delish and very seasonal.

well, there's fruitcake. we avoid that, though, & this holiday my Mom made hocolate mousse pie w/ a graham crust, & a cheesecake-pudding graham crust pie.
my Pap, he used 2 get sarris's chocolates, unshelled nuts, & we would have this jell-o dessert & anise pizelles & cookies

For us, it's usually pumpkin pie. But this year since I already had it in the freezer and had plenty of other sweets around, we had an apple pie. Maybe I'll do a pumpkin pie fpr New Year's. We'll see.

Molly I made five puds 3 yrs ago, each year the flavors seem to deepen. The texture changes alot. I made five fruit cakes as well, this years was brilliant.

Cheesecake with cherry topping

img_953183_0_e196915da695c6991b0ae79ebcfe5b1c.jpg

Molly I made five puds 3 yrs ago, each year
the flavors seem to deepen.
The texture changes alot.
I made five fruit cakes as well,
this years was brilliant.
I admire your patience and self control, Bolas.
Sounds like it was well worth the wait. Yum.
Very interesting...i guess the alcohol preserves it.

I posted lots of Christmas desserts in the
AwesomeFoodArt thread. They start on page #21.
Let me know if you need recipes for any of them.

Here is page #24 for example. click on:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/awesome-food-art-64242-24.html

Molly my wife locks them away. I put on weight just looking at those pics, I have a birthday soon and we plan to take a cruise so I have to drop about 14 lbs to get into my DJ.:(

Oh, Dinner Jacket and pants for formal nights, I still try to look sharp its a bit of a struggle.

Back
Top Bottom