What did you eat Friday 12/21/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
We had Linguine with Broccoli Aglio e Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) topped with grated parm reg & pecorino romano cheeses again.

linguini_broccoli_122118_IMG_5204.jpg

An egg salad sandwich. Pirate can cook his own food when and if he gets hungry. I took a thin slice of ham from the one my daughter bought for me. I heated it up quickly and added it to the egg salad. I tossed the bread out and just ate the egg salad. I am not a bread person.

But while I was waiting for that to happen, I got a brain storm. I had four packages of spinach in the fridge. Tomorrow I already know what I am going to be making. A layer of phyllo dough, a layer of spinach, a layer of finely diced cooked ham, a layer of Feta cheese. Repeat to top of pan. I wish I had thought of that earlier in the day and I would have made it. Now I have to wait.

Beef barley soup, the main reason for the little roast I cooked yesterday. And dang, it was good! I still have sliced roast beef for future too.

I’m making a huge pot of...something. It’s gonna have ham and bacon, celery, onions, carrots, garlic, collard greens, black eyed peas, cannelini beans, corn. I don’t know what it is. Oh, some bbq sauce along with other seasonings.

We’ll see what happens!

Went out Christmas shopping tonight. I scored a $350 Coach bag for $210 on a last minute sale!
On tje way home, I'm stopping at a local pizza joint for takeout.

They have a "meal deal" for $12 which includes: a small salad, 4 buffallo wings and dressing, garlic breadsticks and dipping sauce, a small chicken breast Florentine, and a small side of pasta.

Went out Christmas shopping tonight. I scored a $350 Coach bag for $210 on a last minute sale!...
If your DH like Coach purses, that's a nice gift. I bought three gently used ones on eBay years ago. They're nice, but I decided I'm more of a Stone Mountain kinda gal. Fully stocked, the SM one still weighs less than most empty Coaches. Still buttery soft leather, though. Maybe a Valentine's gift? Hmm? ;)

I made a pot of chicken stew for sometime this weekend, but I made pork tenderloins forIMG_20181221_202728902.jpg tonight. One with Herb de Provence seasoning, the other with Jamaican jerk spices. Sides were buttered noodles, roasted cauliflower, steamed broccoli, and asparagus. Not a fan of Loverly's green plates, but that's all she has.

Lovely looking and sounding dinners! I'm inspired by several of them. :yum:

I'm just now getting around to feeling better after a few days of my back being out of whack. No fun at all. :( I don't know what happened, but glad it's a little better and I was good enough to shop for the Christmas menu today.

Still wasn't much interested in cooking, so I ordered Chinese delivery. It was a little earlier than their delivery time frame, but they made an exception for me. :)

Lovely looking and sounding dinners! I'm inspired by several of them. :yum:

I'm just now getting around to feeling better after a few days of my back being out of whack. No fun at all. :( I don't know what happened, but glad it's a little better and I was good enough to shop for the Christmas menu today.

Still wasn't much interested in cooking, so I ordered Chinese delivery. It was a little earlier than their delivery time frame, but they made an exception for me. :)
Sorry to hear about your back Cheryl. Lower back? Chronic? I’ve had two surgeries, but before I had them, a very wise chiropractor introduced me to the McKenzie protocol, a series of very simple exercises designed to relieve lower back pain. They really helped me, still do. There’s a bunch of info on the web; here’s a link to my google search. Hope you get better soon!

Take out Chinese sounds sooo good right now! Haven’t had it in dog’s years!

Thank you Joel....no, not chronic. I think I just got a hitch in my gitalong, as my Grandma used to say. :LOL: Upper back and neck. Tyler and I had a picnic dinner on a blanket the other night, and I felt a twinge when I got up from the floor. :rolleyes: It's better now, but I'll check out the link you posted. :)

T bone steak with garlic sauce. Corn new potatoes from garden. Mixed vege done in microwave. Best meal I've had in a long time.

Russ

Here it is. I really don’t know what to call it! Mom would probably have called it “thoup” because it’s got more stuff in it than liquid. It’s very tasty, a bit sweet, with a tang from the bbq sauce, some cider vinegar, and some Worcestershire sauce. Even though it cooked a long time, the veggies didn’t get mushy, just soft, and oh my, the celery was so sweet and delish! Very filling, too. I made enough so we’ll be eating it all week!

B6A4B91C-D82B-49AC-BC10-766F46645CA3.jpg

Rainy day here, so comfort food is in order. Meatloaf, garlicky mashed red potatoes, nuked broc.

I wonder if there is a Guinness Book of World records category for nuked broc. I'm thinking you have nuked more broccoli than anyone on the planet. ;):LOL:

CD

Back
Top Bottom