What Did You Eat - Tuesday 30th Sept?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creative

Head Chef
img_1390742_0_85c861c71ef6a7e80a5cef812ad5826b.jpg
I tried out a recipe for Warm Fig Salad - it had lightly grilled figs (intensified the flavour), added to a plate of parma ham, torn up mozzarella, watercress, harissa dressing and toasted hazelnuts. It was a wonderful combination of complimentary flavours and textures. I ate it with a crusty baguette spread with boursin.

(My first attempt at a photo here....think I need to edit it on photobucket rather than vivitar image manager)
img_1390742_0_85c861c71ef6a7e80a5cef812ad5826b.jpg

Last edited:
What's on Tuesday's table? Sept 30/14

I had some more spaghetti squash with the last of the putanesca. I am going to make that again. It was really tasty and is great for a meatless diet. Later I am going to have a wrap with black beans, avocado, lettuce, peppers and whatever else I can find.

TB had some squash with a meat sauce I made up for him, and raw veggies on the side.

What's everyone else having?

img_1390762_0_85c861c71ef6a7e80a5cef812ad5826b.jpg
I tried out a recipe for Warm Fig Salad - it had lightly grilled figs (intensified the flavour), added to a plate of parma ham, torn up mozzarella, watercress, harissa dressing and toasted hazelnuts. It was a wonderful combination of complimentary flavours and textures. I ate it with a crusty baguette spread with boursin.

(My first attempt at a photo here....think I need to edit it on photobucket rather than vivitar image manager)
img_1390762_0_85c861c71ef6a7e80a5cef812ad5826b.jpg

Sounds very nice :)

Look for a macro setting on your camera - the icon is a small flower. It sets the focus to make close-ups more sharp.

We have leftover Thai takeout from lunch. DH got Drunken Noodles with chicken, and I got Pineapple Fried Rice with shrimp. There's also a little bowl of Hot and Sour Soup. Good stuff.

Sounds very nice :)

Look for a macro setting on your camera - the icon is a small flower. It sets the focus to make close-ups more sharp.
Yes I have that symbol on photobucket images. Unfortunately it would not activate/edit and I assumed it was because I already edited the photo on the vivitar image maker, i.e. could not edit twice (once on vivitar and again on photobucket)? Will just edit it on photobucket next time since I have got good results that way.

Yes I have that symbol on photobucket images. Unfortunately it would not activate/edit and I assumed it was because I already edited the photo on the vivitar image maker, i.e. could not edit twice (once on vivitar and again on photobucket)? Will just edit it on photobucket next time since I have got good results that way.

You should be able to edit an image as many times as you want and, unless the file is set to read-only, you can do it with different editors. But there's only so much an editor can do if a photo was blurry to begin with. Btw, I've been doing graphic design/image editing for over 20 years and have taught it in the past, although I use image editing software on my PC.

Last edited:
You should be able to edit an image as many times as you want and, unless the file is set to read-only, you can do it with different editors. But there's only so much an editor can do if a photo was blurry to begin with. Btw, I've been doing graphic design/image editing for over 20 years and have taught it in the past, although I use image editing software on my PC.
The image was very clear. The macro switch on my digi cam is inactivated with flash (which I had to use since it was indoors at night) although it is tuned to "fine image quality". Maybe the sharpness is lost once a photo magnifies? It seems that the photo size here automatically adjusts.

Half a bag of frozen 3 color bell peppers from Trader Joe's. Canned pineapple chunks. Stir up a pineapple sauce with spices, add arrowroot to thicken it, add onion chunks, then bake it all with a large chicken breast and pineapple chunks. Served over rice.

Last edited:
Dead tired today when I got home from a meeting with a client, went to pick up a new laptop to use for another contract, had problems with my bank card, yadda, yadda, yadda. Had to drive 1 hr west to pick up 45 lb of fresh cut lamb, back to the City, back in to the computer store to pay for the software in cash, ran around looking for jelly jars for that grape juice in the fridge...oh, and did I mention the Saint Bernard got sprayed by a skunk around 2:30 a.m. last night? Didn't feel like cooking, but the DH showed up with two face cords of dry wood. How could I not feed him? My plan was to take a nap and then deal with the grape juice and the fresh lamb. Instead, I made a ribeye steak (compliments of Conrad) for him, 2 lamb chops for me, potato-carrot mash and steamed kale (was planning on doing something with that tomorrow since tomorrow is National Kale Day). All in all, it has been an exhausting day and I still have to deal with that fresh lamb and edit 30 pages. Where is my clone hiding??? I don't want an evil twin--I want a clone (one that is about 25 years' younger than I am and has the energy I had at that age). The steak and lamb chops were excellent. The DH doesn't like lamb "too fatty."
"Trade you a taste for a taste of that ribeye."
"I don't like lamb."
"This is grass-fed lamb."
"Okay. This tastes almost like beef. It's not fatty at all."
This was about when Myrtle decided the sunflowers were just not as good as what the Big Chickens were eating at the picnic table.
"Is that LAMB? I love LAMB fat." Peck-peck at Ms. Big Chicken's plate.
"Myrtle! Wait for me to cut it for you so you can eat it with your tiny beak."
"Can't wait! Can't wait!" "Oh! I love LAMB fat! Thank you Big Chickens. No, I don't think I want steamed kale...are those mashed potatoes with carrots? Yum!"

Just another day in the life shared with a chicken who dreams of being a therapy chicken. Meanwhile, I dreamt I won Lotto469 last week. I hope that was a premonition dream...yes, I bought a ticket for tomorrow night.

And, the DH is making the wild grape jelly. A friend is arriving tonight around 10 and has offered to clean up my kitchen while she waits for her flight out in the a.m. Life is not that bad...but I doubt I can get her to apply the "skunk remedy" to the Saint Bernard--sigh.

Last edited:
Lazy tonight, and tired, so I just threw together a quesadilla. Canned Ortega fire roasted green chiles, a blend of several cheeses I had in the fridge, a little salsa, folded up in a flour tortilla. Dry fried in a hot skillet till browned and bubbly. Pretty yummy.

Hey Hi Uncle Bob. Nice to see you again.

CW, my day was so boring compared to yours. I'm not complaining though! Hope you ended up with a good night's sleep tonight.

Make pulled pork burritos from the last of our pulled pork. Himself and I decided it was wasted since you couldn't tell it was there with the other ingredients. Then again, what we had was more like a rolled taco, full of goodies it was. I also made a bit of rice and beans (and corn and salsa) for a side.

Back
Top Bottom