"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Head Chef

What Did You Eat - Tuesday 30th Sept?

I tried out a recipe for Warm Fig Salad - it had lightly grilled figs (intensified the flavour), added to a plate of parma ham, torn up mozzarella, watercress, harissa dressing and toasted hazelnuts. It was a wonderful combination of complimentary flavours and textures. I ate it with a crusty baguette spread with boursin.

(My first attempt at a photo here....think I need to edit it on photobucket rather than vivitar image manager)

Old 09-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

What's on Tuesday's table? Sept 30/14

I had some more spaghetti squash with the last of the putanesca. I am going to make that again. It was really tasty and is great for a meatless diet. Later I am going to have a wrap with black beans, avocado, lettuce, peppers and whatever else I can find.

TB had some squash with a meat sauce I made up for him, and raw veggies on the side.

What's everyone else having?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
Master Chef

A new stuffed red pepper with leftover creamed cabbage and salad from yesterday.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Roast turkey breast with gravy, stuffing and asparagus.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
I tried out a recipe for Warm Fig Salad - it had lightly grilled figs (intensified the flavour), added to a plate of parma ham, torn up mozzarella, watercress, harissa dressing and toasted hazelnuts. It was a wonderful combination of complimentary flavours and textures. I ate it with a crusty baguette spread with boursin.

(My first attempt at a photo here....think I need to edit it on photobucket rather than vivitar image manager)

Sounds very nice

Look for a macro setting on your camera - the icon is a small flower. It sets the focus to make close-ups more sharp.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We have leftover Thai takeout from lunch. DH got Drunken Noodles with chicken, and I got Pineapple Fried Rice with shrimp. There's also a little bowl of Hot and Sour Soup. Good stuff.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Easy and greasy! Chicken fingers with Cajun spice potato wedges. Sliced cukes, tomatoes and green onions....
Sweet Thai Chili, peanut, honey mustard, sauces for dipping...
Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Sounds very nice

Look for a macro setting on your camera - the icon is a small flower. It sets the focus to make close-ups more sharp.
Yes I have that symbol on photobucket images. Unfortunately it would not activate/edit and I assumed it was because I already edited the photo on the vivitar image maker, i.e. could not edit twice (once on vivitar and again on photobucket)? Will just edit it on photobucket next time since I have got good results that way.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Yes I have that symbol on photobucket images. Unfortunately it would not activate/edit and I assumed it was because I already edited the photo on the vivitar image maker, i.e. could not edit twice (once on vivitar and again on photobucket)? Will just edit it on photobucket next time since I have got good results that way.
You should be able to edit an image as many times as you want and, unless the file is set to read-only, you can do it with different editors. But there's only so much an editor can do if a photo was blurry to begin with. Btw, I've been doing graphic design/image editing for over 20 years and have taught it in the past, although I use image editing software on my PC.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
Executive Chef

tuna salad on home made ww bread with our spinach and sisters' sliced tomatoes and a tomato and cucumber from the farmers market salad