What did you end up having for Dinner, Friday, June 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DGS is leaving today to spend the summer with his dad. Yesterday we had a special day for him. He chose where we went to lunch, then he chose what we had for dinner = meat loaf, au gratin potatoes, fresh green beans, sliced tomatoes. I had enough green beans in the garden for dinner. His mom knew right away who planned the dinner since the rest of us aren't that crazy about meat loaf. It was good, tho.

Quite possibly the most awful meal I have eaten in what...25 or 30 years?
It had been about that long since I last visited this establishment as a lunch guest of a co-worker...My memory told me it was probably not a good idea, but I forged on in spite of my better judgment. I simply ordered two pieces of fried chicken...a breast, and a wing. -- When it arrived I knew I was in twouble:ermm: It was glistening, almost dripping with grease...I reached out to see if I could detect the slightest degree of crispness...Nope...as expected... soggy as a wet bath rag. Both pieces were small specimens, especially in a place that brags on their fried chicken. The wing was about the size of what I would expect from a spring Robin..very small...almost cute one could say --- So, that is what I began with... a very soft exterior (greasy) moist and tender interior and would have been tasteless had it not been for that "well used" oil taste that it was fried in. Next I said, should I or shouldn't I....Oh why not! I picked up the breast with both hands...took a bite.....Same thing...soggy, greasy, and almost tastless yard bird. Five napkins later I had my hands and mouth free of the greasiness and was ready for another bite...Why oh why did l think it would be any different? It was no better than the first so I pronounced myself "finished" ....came home and ate a larger than normal bowl of chocolate ice cream..with the idea that in another 25 or 30 years I may try it again....

Oh the name of this fried chicken haven???

KFC

Have Fun!

We had leftover ribeye, so I sliced mine up cold and had a steak sandwich. DH heats his up, but that cooks it further, and I like mine nice and rare.

UB, my sentiments exactly with KFC. Were they better at one time or is my memory bad? I see them advertise grilled chicken now, but we don't go there.

We ended up having meatballs in a burgundy sauce over gemelli. We picked up a loaf of olive and herb filone at Harris Teeters that was great. Dessert was a frozen chocoloate milk/banana concoction he made.

we actually ate that ...

NEWS-curry.jpg

my mother in low made that ... i like it....
chicken breasts with curry ..

UB, my sentiments exactly with KFC. Were they better at one time or is my memory bad? I see them advertise grilled chicken now, but we don't go there.

My memory says yes!!...they were better on several levels...better product, better managed, a sense of urgency and pride to produce the best... to name a few...Now it seems mediocrity, or less, is the accepted benchmark...At least at this particular location --- I was in the drive-through about 5:30ish?? I was the only car...Two or three others in the parking lot...When we drove past Popeyes, about a mile further down, the drive through was wrapped around the building...the parking lot filled with several cars...That in itself speaks volumes to me....To be fair, about 3 months ago, I dropped by Popeyes for a quick snack...Hadn't been there in a while either...It was good, but not as good as I remember a few years back...Then again I believe as you age your tastes change...maybe the taste buds wearing out or something....So now, my being 39 may have had some bearing on both my memory and taste:ermm:

:LOL:

hmmmmmmmmmm the chicken at my KFC is always crispy. and the grilled chicken is very nice, the spice on it is great. we don't eat there often but we do on occasion just get as a snack a small individual taters and gravy and a biscuit.

My memory says yes!!...they were better on several levels...better product, better managed, a sense of urgency and pride to produce the best... to name a few...Now it seems mediocrity, or less, is the accepted benchmark...At least at this particular location --- I was in the drive-through about 5:30ish?? I was the only car...Two or three others in the parking lot...When we drove past Popeyes, about a mile further down, the drive through was wrapped around the building...the parking lot filled with several cars...That in itself speaks volumes to me....To be fair, about 3 months ago, I dropped by Popeyes for a quick snack...Hadn't been there in a while either...It was good, but not as good as I remember a few years back...Then again I believe as you age your tastes change...maybe the taste buds wearing out or something....So now, my being 39 may have had some bearing on both my memory and taste:ermm:

:LOL:
i like popeyes sometimes. my meal of choice: 3 crispy wings (with hot sauce on side to dip in), beans and rice, biscuit and HI-C fruit punch and a cinnamon apple pie. yummy.

homemade cheese burger with grilled (on stove) calif green chilies on it. it was yummy. had dairy queen sundae for dessert. it was what my little great granddaughter couldn't eat of her hot fudge sundae that i had stuck in freezer.

homemade cheese burger with grilled (on stove) calif green chilies on it. it was yummy. had dairy queen sundae for dessert. it was what my little great granddaughter couldn't eat of her hot fudge sundae that i had stuck in freezer.
my favorite DQ is the small butterscotch or caramel sundae.

hmmmmmmmmmm the chicken at my KFC is always crispy. and the grilled chicken is very nice, the spice on it is great. we don't eat there often but we do on occasion just get as a snack a small individual taters and gravy and a biscuit.

I love the quote u use as a seg .

i used it many times as well .. as my profile status ..

just love it . :)

Back
Top Bottom