"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
Master Chef

What did you end up having for Dinner, Friday, June 5th?

I made beef patties/gravy with roasted baby carrots and seasoned/buttered (seasonings were garlic and italian seasoning) wheat egg noodles.

I know it's late to ask, but I'm curious. What did you have tonight or last night for dinner?

Old 06-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
You know, Vanilla, I just realized we didn't have a "dinner" thread today. Thanks for bringing it up.

As for me, it was kind of weird. I wasn't really hungry today and by the time dinnertime came 'round, I realized I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer so I improvised. Made kind of a mish-mosh.

Had a grilled cheese sandwich and a romaine salad with homemade buttermilk/blue cheese/chive dressing. Cheese-heavy meal, but it filled the hole. I had a couple of special dark Hershey's kisses for dessert.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Master Chef

subgum chicken chow mein with rice on the side at popular request/demand. LOL

last night piccolini wagon wheel pasta with tomato sauce.

vb yours looks yummy! i think Salisbury steak with mashed taters, onion gravy and spinach is for tomorrow nights dinner!! LOL
Old 06-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
You know, Vanilla, I just realized we didn't have a "dinner" thread today. Thanks for bringing it up.

As for me, it was kind of weird. I wasn't really hungry today and by the time dinnertime came 'round, I realized I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer so I improvised. Made kind of a mish-mosh.

Had a grilled cheese sandwich and a romaine salad with homemade buttermilk/blue cheese/chive dressing. Cheese-heavy meal, but it filled the hole. I had a couple of special dark Hershey's kisses for dessert.
that sounds good!! a small cup of tomato soup added and i would be a happy camper!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #5
Master Chef

dinner was my only meal today and i had a small helping.

i am so hungry but i have nothing to nosh/interests me and no car to go hunt up something.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
that sounds good!! a small cup of tomato soup added and i would be a happy camper!
Actually, I believe it's a federal law that one has to have tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, but I was flying under the radar today.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Actually, I believe it's a federal law that one has to have tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, but I was flying under the radar today.
i won't tell!! i am so hungry.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i won't tell!! i am so hungry.
Don't you have anything to snack on... popcorn or something?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:11 AM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Don't you have anything to snack on... popcorn or something?
i am on antibiotics - popcorn = no no i don't need any fiber at the moment. nuff said LOL

no snacks and i am in pain so i don't want to stand up and cook.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:

I think a grilled cheese and a salad is a good combination, also. Tomato soup is always a favorite, but sometimes a salad is nice.

I could have had a grilled cheese, but all I had was American. My favorite is Havarti or sharp cheddar for a grilled cheese.