What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one half of white bean sandwich. cut bread in half. slather with mayo. put slightly flatten white beans and put on bread. thinly slice a purple onion, just a couple slices.
enjoy! oh yeah, lots of black pepper

one half of white bean sandwich. cut bread in half. slather with mayo. put slightly flatten white beans and put on bread. thinly slice a purple onion, just a couple slices.
enjoy! oh yeah, lots of black pepper
I've never had anything like that, and it sounds interesting!

Yesterday, I had a nice cucumber, tomato sandwich on wheat bread with Miracle Whip.

Hard roll, ham. lettuce, American cheese, mayo and the last of this season's peaches
Joyce
Sounds like a good lunch to me! Where abouts are you from in Western NY? I'm from there too.

Today I'm having a vegie wrap sandwich in a flour tortilla and American cheese with a little mustard.

Lunch was fried leftover wagonwheel pasta:

in the frying pan

img_853914_0_7552867f78abb47f2c38e38222864ea2.jpg

img_853914_1_2e96b1f57ed6ae3a1dc75ef91b3d2b9e.jpg

finished on the plate

img_853914_2_77f69f5147fcc470c97f241bd0d44d17.jpg

I've never seen that type of pasta before but it looks damm good MM :)

I didn't do anything special for lunch today but yesterday I made some crab cakes.

3978086106_53d8206103_b.jpg

3977325881_efbb27e630_b.jpg

I didn't do anything special for lunch today but yesterday I made some crab cakes.

Your crab cakes looks darn good! Pardon me french! :LOL: I love the look of that potato, and what kind of sauce do you have for the crab cakes?

Your crab cakes looks darn good! Pardon me french! :LOL:
:LOL: Thanks VB :)

I love the look of that potato, and what kind of sauce do you have for the crab cakes?

I just scooped out the potato and mixed it with a little cream and butter and put it back in with some grated cheese on top and served the crab cakes with a white butter sauce (beurre blanc) which consists of:-

1 tbsp shallots
1/4 cup white wine
8 tbsp unsalted, cold butter
salt (to taste)
white pepper (to taste)
lemon juice (to finish)

First mince the shallots. Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the shallots and the wine. Reduce the liquid by about two-thirds until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
Turn the heat to the lowest setting and whisk in the cold butter one piece at a time to slowly form the emulsion.
Once all of the butter has been incorporated, season with salt and pepper. You may want to add a few drops of lemon juice to brighten the flavor of the sauce.

It's a lovely sauce to accompany fish.

thank you jj. they are barilla brand picolini mini wagon wheels.

i love your potato jj. i am not fond of crab but it looks good.

leftover pizza crust (made an extra one) with onion, parmesan, and provolone...

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 153
I'm having a french bread pizza with diced tomato and onion

I gave Mark a salami sandwich on wheat bread, 2 small apples, a pickle and bottled water for lunch.

leftover pizza crust (made an extra one) with onion, parmesan, and provolone...
Two of my list of favorites... cheese and onions (I would have thrown mushrooms on there too! :chef:). Your pizza looks really yummy! I could eat pizza everyday. If I had enough money, I'd open my own pizza place!

Since I got off work this morning at 7:00 I crashed for a bit and then was too lazy to cook much. I took some diced ham from the freezer, sauteed onions, celery and carrots till tender. Stirred in the ham and warmed it through. Took two cans of butter beans, drained and rinsed them, letting them drain well for a while. A third can of beans was placed in a bowl with a can of water and I mashed them adding it to the sauteed veggies and ham, salt and pepper, simmered until the oven was up to temp for box mix corn muffins with salsa added. When I put the muffins in the oven I added the drained beans to the soup pan. All told, a lovely bean and ham soup with cornbread muffins in about an hour. Now I'm ready to go to sleep again.

Fried green tomatoes with a bleu cheese remoulade

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 152
Thanks! A friend gave me the tomatoes this morning. I'm the only one in the house who likes them, but my daughter brought a friend over today and ate a couple, too. Also sent some green tomatoes home with them.
They are really fabulous with the bleu cheese r., and crab, with a balsamic reduction...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom