What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
American omelette with jalapeno, green/red (halfway through ripening) pepper, onion, tomato, cheddar

That sounds very delish! I wish my SO liked meatball sandwiches. Turns out, it's just me that loves them. I would love to make meatball subs one night for supper, but guess who would have to eat them by herself? :pig:
I like them, I just don't like how messy they are. DH loves them.

A glass of warm milk!!! This is what i have for lunch these days,usually.I have breakfast and a hearty dinner,but for lunch,this is it.And i'm doing a lot of treadmill and REALLY loosing a lot of weight.i've found that a glass of warm milk is actually very filling and kills the cravings to have any other thing.

Olivia, had a cheese sandwich with butter,mayo and mustard, Ethan had peanut butter and honey both had wheat bread, Cade had orange chicken on white rice.DH had a warmed and left over pastie, all enjoyed fruit salad with shipped cream on top.me nada, just antibiotic and cough meds...
kades

That sounds very delish! I wish my SO liked meatball sandwiches. Turns out, it's just me that loves them. I would love to make meatball subs one night for supper, but guess who would have to eat them by herself? :pig:

Too bad I can't ship you some, I ended up with 18-2 inch meatballs and we each had two. I'll be taking some of that to work tonight for my lunch along with homemade broccoli-cheese soup.

Fried green tomatoes, again. This time I seasoned the tomatoes, not the flour. Also used just egg and dijon mustard (saw it on America's Test Kitchen today, they were breading pork chops), then just crushed saltimes. Had it with a bottled Green Goddess dressing.
I posted some pics in the weather today thread, from the mountain, and one from the backyard where you can actually see the mountain...

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 183
We went here today for lunch..Cherry Pocket Steak & Seafood Shak - Home
and was very disappointed. We both had the filet and there was no spice on it at all. The dirty rice had a strange spice in it that I couldn't identify. It's a kitschy(sp?) place with license plates all over and wood floors, etc. Atmosphere was great, food, eh.But they did have homemade peanut butter pie that was rich and good.

Too bad I can't ship you some, I ended up with 18-2 inch meatballs and we each had two. I'll be taking some of that to work tonight for my lunch along with homemade broccoli-cheese soup.
I wish you could ship me some! :mrgreen: Your soup is one of my fav's, also. My mom makes a good broccoli cheese soup!

I wish you could ship me some! :mrgreen: Your soup is one of my fav's, also. My mom makes a good broccoli cheese soup!

I tried something different this time and it turned out fantastic. I hate grey broccoli, so I cut up the stems seperated from the crowns and some onion. I made broccoli stock with this and strained out the chunks, letting the stock cool down. I fine chopped the crowns and half an onion, sauteeing in a bit of canola oil. The broccoli was bright green and crisp-tender. Then added some AP flour to make a roux, being careful not to brown it and stirred in the stock. (I had about a quart of stock) (of course I didn't measure a thing) Then I stirred in the cheddar cheese, once melted through I added 1/2 and 1/2 and brought it back up to temp. Again, it was fantastic and the broccoli bits were still crisp-tender. Also kosher salt and fresh grind pepper made an appearance at some point, most likely when I was sauteeing.

Yes, I tend to cook "off-the-cuff.":chef:

Today we will have Pork Green Chili over rice with a side of refries, flour tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream to top it. It's been cooking all night in the crock pot...the house smells yummy!

Today we will have Pork Green Chili over rice with a side of refries, flour tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream to top it. It's been cooking all night in the crock pot...the house smells yummy!
Sorry it's been a couple of weeks, but your lunch sounded great! I would love to have more meals like that, but my SO's stomach can't handle it.

Today is turkey club sandwiches... lettuce, tomato and bacon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom