What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deep fried alligator tail strips with a baked potato (with the works) and a side salad (1000 Island dressing and lots of croutons). The whole meal was great!

Tonight will be chili and cheese, asparagus and a bowl of soba noodle soup for a snack. I had no inspiration this morning and just stuffed canned and packaged food into my lunchbag.

dreary rainy day.

for lunch we had the last of the roast and burgundy gravy from last night. sliced thin roast, split poppy seed roll, hot gravy on both sides of roll, slices of cold roast beef, close roll, cover with dome and nuke for 20 seconds. the meat is just warm and the roll is warm, steamy and soft. it was sooooooooooooooooo good!! no pics everyone gobbled them up!!

cool, rainy day here....

I had a tomato/herb noodle soup with a peanut butter sandwich... almost same as dinner last night, but it tastes good.

Had a mixed green "bag" salad, added some red onion, sprinkled with sunflower seeds, ranch dressing; raw carrots sticks, slice of whole wheat, apple, glass of water. Saving up for Thursday.

Haven't posted in this thread for awhile.

We had some people over from the church yesterday to watch a football game and have lunch. They were two 20-something young men whose wive's were both away and one of them has two little ones. So grilled (indoor) hamburgers and hot dogs were in order and DH made some awesome fries.

So today, the fryer was still out and I couldn't resist making more fries. We had bacon and egg sandwiches with them.

Those awesome fries -- any special technique here? The TV cooks have different methods, like soaking in cold water, partially frying, then frying again. Good old russets most likely - peeled, yes?

Am I straying onto another string, here? I don't know the ropes yet and don't want to blunder.

I will be having chili, cheese and white corn chips. I whipped up the chili this morning when I got home from work, I couldn't stand it anymore talking about chili on the chili discussions.

Haven't posted in this thread for awhile.

We had some people over from the church yesterday to watch a football game and have lunch. They were two 20-something young men whose wive's were both away and one of them has two little ones. So grilled (indoor) hamburgers and hot dogs were in order and DH made some awesome fries.

So today, the fryer was still out and I couldn't resist making more fries. We had bacon and egg sandwiches with them.
Bacon-egg sandwiches and FF sound good! YUM! I could have that for lunch, but I had quite the high calorie breakfast. lol

I will be having chili, cheese and white corn chips. I whipped up the chili this morning when I got home from work, I couldn't stand it anymore talking about chili on the chili discussions.
I had chili last Saturday night! YUM! It was already made and taken out of the freezer, but it was still GOOD. I just had Saltines with it, and it was delicious! :)

Had a mixed green "bag" salad, added some red onion, sprinkled with sunflower seeds, ranch dressing; raw carrots sticks, slice of whole wheat, apple, glass of water. Saving up for Thursday.
That's what I'm having today for lunch... a nice salad with onion, carrot, celery, cheese and creamy italian dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom