What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday was seared bacon wrapped scallops and broccoli-cheddar croquettes.

Today will be: pasilla chilies, cored and seeded, stuffed with shredded pork and mozzerella, baked with green enchilada sauce, topped with melted cheese and a side of rice. Trying to keep it a bit light today as I have the kitchen overrun with the beginings of tomorrows meal.

...bacon wrapped scallops...Oooo! :)

Today was simply a Ham Slice and Imported Swiss on 12 Grain Bread with Miracle Whip and Mustard. But I enjoyed it! :chef:

...bacon wrapped scallops...Oooo! :)

Today was simply a Ham Slice and Imported Swiss on 12 Grain Bread with Miracle Whip and Mustard. But I enjoyed it! :chef:
LOL! Our lunches tend to be what others call dinner. For our dinners we usually have oatmeal or french toast. Comes from working nightshifts and lunch is our big meal of the day.

LOL! Our lunches tend to be what others call dinner. For our dinners we usually have oatmeal or french toast. Comes from working nightshifts and lunch is our big meal of the day.

That happens here a lot because DH usually works 3-11 shifts. On those days we have a big meal at noon and then Dad and I have something smaller and I pack food for DH.

Today is not one of those days, but it is rainy, windy and cold so I pulled some hamburger soup out of the freezer. I added some leftover roasted red pepper soup (recipe in the newsletter) for more liquid and it tasted great! We just had cheese, crackers and hummus with it.

Im in the Philippines right now and last night was my hometown's 61 charter day...we had a blast and did see my family. Pinoy do a kick *** fiesta complete with suckling pig...i had leftover suckling pig that was fried with a dipping sauce of soy sauce,lemon and onions...it was heavenly.how i miss Filipino food.
img_863348_0_2d1fb6645515c051bbb58805e23c0115.jpg

Im in the Philippines right now and last night was my hometown's 61 charter day...we had a blast and did see my family. Pinoy do a kick *** fiesta complete with suckling pig...i had leftover suckling pig that was fried with a dipping sauce of soy sauce,lemon and onions...it was heavenly.how i miss Filipino food.

One of the nurses I work with is from the Philippines and she is having us over for Christmas this year...there will be suckling pig. I can't wait!

Lunch today will be the obvious...:pig:

suckling pic/lechon

One of the nurses I work with is from the Philippines and she is having us over for Christmas this year...there will be suckling pig. I can't wait!

Lunch today will be the obvious...:pig:
Suckling pic/lechon is soooooo good..i always look forward to it whenever im in the Philippines...:pig:it's one of the best food i ever taster..the crispy skin is and the ribs is the best part...enjoy your lechon:pig:

Quickie-chili (left-over pulled pork and canned ranch-style beans)

It is our National Football Championship today, the Grey Cup. And Dad's and my favourite team is playing. So to celebrate I made hot dogs with all the fixin's including fried onions, and a heaping pile of French fries.

Only problem is we all pigged out on this and now Dad and I probably won't be hungry for the games snacks I prepared!

What a mountain of a sandwich!! Yum. I don't think I'd be able to get my mouth around it, and I have a BIG mouth! :LOL: :ermm:

I had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.
thank you vb. it looks bigger than it was. i had one for dinner also.

Tonight will be leftover pasilla chilies with shredded pork. I finally got to the end of the T-Day leftovers, except for turkey. I'm hoping to get some cooking in this week, but my "weekend" has been shortened by one day. Working an extra shift!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom