What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we are going out for lunch. DH's birthday is Saturday and since I'm working I offered to take him out for dinner...he chose a hamburger place!

Today we are going out for lunch. DH's birthday is Saturday and since I'm working I offered to take him out for dinner...he chose a hamburger place!
Happy Early Birthday to your DH! Where are you going for lunch?

You can't be a burger place... I like to do that occasionally for dinner too!

Just a slice of rye bread toasted on one side then topped with a slice of provolone and salami put under the broiler and cheese melted and gooey.
kadesma

Just a slice of rye bread toasted on one side then topped with a slice of provolone and salami put under the broiler and cheese melted and gooey.
kadesma
YUM! I love gooey!

I had a turkey pastrami, Havarti cheese, pickle lettuce and mustard tortilla wrap sandwich with a mug of spicy tomato soup. I have a thing for spicy tomato soup! To the soup I added some ramen noodles. It was a very satisfying lunch!

YUM! I love gooey!

I had a turkey pastrami, Havarti cheese, pickle lettuce and mustard tortilla wrap sandwich with a mug of spicy tomato soup. I have a thing for spicy tomato soup! To the soup I added some ramen noodles. It was a very satisfying lunch!
I love tomato soup and your wrap sounds yummy.
kades

Happy Early Birthday to your DH! Where are you going for lunch?

You can't be a burger place... I like to do that occasionally for dinner too!

5 Guys Burgers and Fries. We just discovered it and love the place. Very simple and basic with outstanding burgers. It's worth the drive across town.

5 Guys Burgers and Fries. We just discovered it and love the place. Very simple and basic with outstanding burgers. It's worth the drive across town.

The first time I went to 5 Guys I got the regular (double) burger and it was ok. The next time I got the little (single) burger. Much better! The double patties overwhelm imo opinion and with the single the toppings taste balanced. Great toppings too!

have a craving for cheese calzone, i must acquire one for lunch today.
mmmmmm calzone

I am using leftovers to make a soup.... pork, noodles, corn and broth.... I threw some additional spices in. On the side... pastrami wrap (lettuce, havarti, pickle and mustard--same as yesterday)

The first time I went to 5 Guys I got the regular (double) burger and it was ok. The next time I got the little (single) burger. Much better! The double patties overwhelm imo opinion and with the single the toppings taste balanced. Great toppings too!
we made the same mistake and i absolutely agree with you about the single.

Made up a soup of beef trimmings (connecting tissue and gristle, with a bit of meat, very little fat), cooked until soft, wild rice, carrot, celery, onion, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. After it was cooked sufficeintly, I tasted it. The herbs were overpowering and so I added a 6 oz. can of tomato paste. That did the trick. It became very tasty with the tomato paste added. I made it last night after trimming some New York Strips for supper. Today, I added abut a quarter cup of dark-red kidney beans to it. I had that and salad for lunch today. Tasty and healthy, what more can you ask for from a lunch?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed or the North

I noticed that, too. I coudn't even taste the bacon on my double burger the fisrt time. Now I just get the "little" and we share an order of fries. Just right.

Handful of chocolate covered pomegranate bits, Slice of left over quiche, an apple and hanging head in utter shame now... 2 cheetos I found (yes... found) on my desk. :ohmy:

Homemade chili with pasilla peppers and shredded beef. DH doesn't care for the beans, so his was without.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom