What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We usually don't have lunch on Sundays, instead I make breakfast. This morning I made some pancakes, and cooked some bacon & sausage, along with sunny side up eggs and coffee.

Today I enjoyed the little bit of "Spinach Linguini with White Seafood Sauce" left over from dinner the other night. Had it with a nice mixed green salad topped with grated parmesan & some selections from one of our local supermarket's terrific "antipasto" bar (long-stem marinated artichokes, sweet cherry peppers, provolone & prosciutto stuffed hot cherry peppers, pitted Kalamata olives, cubes of feta cheese, etc., etc.).

Teriyaki Beef and mushrooms with a baked Yukon Gold. Tonight (at work) will be braised chicken breast with creamy chipotle sauce and steamed asparsgus.

I'm making chicken and dumplings in the pressure cooker today...it's cold and rainy. Comfort food at it's best. I've got celery, carrots and onions from the Framer's Market this morning.

Was out for awhile today so we had philly cheese steaks sandwiches, fries, and ice tea. Pretty good loved the tea it had a mango flavor which I love.
kades

2 Special K cookie bars... I'm working today and forgot my lunch at home. T'was going to be a green salad with extra tomatoes and lots of cukes.

Had a lunch meeting (I officially hate the phrase "working lunch"). At any rate - we had the tomato basil wraps with bacon, lettuce and turkey in them. They were really good - although cheese would have made them perfect.

And today I had my leftover "Hot Wings" for lunch from yet another dinner. Nine times out of ten my lunches are dinner leftovers - lol!!

Made spaghetti and meatballs. It was cold and rainy today, husband went out hiking on the mountain, son brought a friend home for lunch, they work concrete. Tonight they are going to a jam session with DH's friends from work. So, we had a big lunch. Had cheesey garlic bread, too.

I made chili without beans...served it over the rest of the cornbread from the other day with cheese and diced vidalias. It was a bit too much on the chili side for me (DH loved it) so I added a can of tomatoes to my half and will be taking it to work tonight.

leftover pork in tomato sauce.

last sunday, i took the "knuckle" or trimmed parts from a rack of st louis cut spareribs, and browned them with a load of garlic in evoo, then added a jar of cheap tomato sauce and let it simmer for a few hours till the meat is falling away from the cartiledge and bone. the best part os sucking the fattier meat from between the boney parts.`

Leftover lasagna - we finished it up - cole slaw (and I know it doesn't go together, but I needed something cool and crisp and we still had some of that) iced tea.

Wanting to use up some prepped veggies in the fridge, I made vegetable soup. I sauteed the veggies: diced celery, carrots, onion, cabbage, garlic, green pepper. Added minced parsley, a can of coconut milk and a can of water, ground ginger, and a bit of lime zest. When veggies were done, pureed it. Just the thing for a cold, rainy day here. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 51 degrees. Still waiting for summer.

Five Guys bugers and fries.. oh...and some peanuts while waiting for the order.

Back
Top Bottom