What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i surprised my wife and son today at their favourite vegetarian cafe and had a healthy lunch with them.

actually, i worked the midnight shift, and then went home and to bed around 9am. i couldn't sleep when i heard dw and the boy heading out for lunch, so i jumped up, got washed, and sped to the cafe.

i saw them seated near the front window with dw's back to the it, so i walked quickly past a few times on the sidewalk letting my boy see me, but not dw. it was funny to hear my boy insisting that he kept seeing "dad" outside, but every time dw looked i hid, so she kept telling him that i was home alseep and to sit down and eat.

it was funnier the longer it lasted. :D

anywho, dw had the vegetarian "chicken" wrap and a fruit shake, my boy had vegan gluten free dumplings, and i had the wood ear, shiitake, and warm seaweed over romaine hearts salad, aka the mountain and sea salad. everything was delicioso.

TNT 5 Guys Burgers, I had a Little Bacon Cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, lettuce tomatoes and onions. I shared a regular fry with DH. Green Tea.

Today I enjoyed the leftover parmesan-garlic encrusted Tilapia on parmesan-garlic sauteed Golden Swiss Chard, accompanied by a couple of baked stuffed clams, from last night's dinner.

Good story, buckytom :LOL:
But what's this about eating a "woodear"? what's that?

...and I like your idea of a complete lunch, babetoo...candybar with an iced coffee :ROFLMAO:

Tonight will be chicken tortilla soup with avocado and tomatoes...I'll be sharing with my nurses aide. He keeps telling me my soups are typical of Poland...wait till he tries this one.

Good story, buckytom :LOL:
But what's this about eating a "woodear"? what's that?

moll, a wood ear is a type of mushroom. they're thin mushrooms with a number of undulations or folds, and they grow on the side of trees resembling it's ear.

so now when you talk to yourself while hiking in the woods, watch what you say. :cool: the trees have ears.

i guess it ruins a women's logic that if a man is alone in the forest and says something with no one around to hear it, he's still wrong.

I ended up having french dips with sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms spread with some horse radish and dipped in au jus and potato salad. Dessert was some chocolate ice cream creation that took three sittings to get down, it was huge and rich. This was served by our DON and her assistant as a thank you for our work.

Tonight will be the tortilla soup.

Tonight will be Caprese Chicken and asparagus...no carbs for me tonight...I've had my limit for the next two weeks.

Today I enjoyed a wedge of the fabulous Frittata left over from last night's dinner. (My cockatoo also enjoyed some of the bounty - lol!)

A fabulously juicy hamburger....fresh ground chuck, sliced Vidalia onion, fresh from the garden d'mater, a nice slather of Duke's mayonnaise, some mustard, a little lettuce, and Uncle Bob's World Famous Kicked up Dill Pickle Slices! ~~ Also a handful of Zapp's Crawtators...All washed down with a big glass of ice cold Arnold Palmer!

Sunday's lunch

Today, I'm having some "Rainbow Peppers Salad". This is a brand-new recipe that turned out fine. :chef:

moll, a wood ear is a type of mushroom. they're thin mushrooms with a number of undulations or folds, and they grow on the side of trees resembling it's ear.

so now when you talk to yourself while hiking in the woods, watch what you say. :cool: the trees have ears.

i guess it ruins a women's logic that if a man is alone in the forest and says something with no one around to hear it, he's still wrong.

My God BT that looks exactly like Shreks ear... Are you sure that's not what you ate??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We stopped at Subway after church and brought home tuna salad sandwiches. Normally we love them, but these were SO salty (I never have salt added to them either). They weren't exactly over-generous with the napkins either. They gave us one to share. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

:)Barbara

A turkey sandwhich with chips, and a couple of homemade cookies. Oh and a Dr. Pepper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom