What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We fried up some peppers and had them with Italian sausage on rolls and ice coffee for me Oj for DH.
kades

Crappy

I ended up being in a long meeting and had to grab a quick bite so I ended up having bow tie pasta with a few tomatoes thrown in. The only day I didn't bring my own lunch. :unsure:

Bacon, cheddar & mushroom blintzes

wpid-2010-08-07_12-23-54_952.jpg

I'll be having something purchased or delivered at work. No car in the morning and I don't want to carry my lunch bag on the walk home.

Today, Sunday, we had Moroccan lamb which was spiked across the leg with fresh rosemary, a sliver of garlic and an anchovy fillet. Prior to roasting the whole leg was rubbed with plain flour to which a tablespoon of powdered ginger was added, plus freshly ground black pepper and sprinkled with sea salt. We added carrots from the garden, new potatoes and fresh garden peas and broad beans. Maderia gravy on the side + homemade sweet mint sauce. Yum! :)

Lunch was a fresh butter lettuce salad with chilled, boiled wild Texas Brown gulf shrimp (no oil included!) & Green Goddess dressing.

A friend brought me some Elk Burger, I'm going to have burgers and tater salad...after a nap.

DH and I went out to a really nice place today. I can't believe $50.00 for lunch but we did and it was heaven. First my appy was Duck comfit and champagne aioli, small cup of minestrone, DH had caprese salad with grilled shrimp, rissoto with squash and Italian sausage let me tell you it was a feast, The tomatoes on my pasta pomdoro were were as sweet as sugar topped with fresh basil, Gelatto for dessert. They had to rool me out I'll be happy to go back this place is so wonderful, sit down out come fresh bread warm from the oven then they sprinkle it with garlic evoo, your glass is never empty all is done quietly the help is smiling and voices quiet and polite. wow impressed you bet.
kades:)

I hit the deli for sliced meats and cheeses and then bakery for poor boy rolls. We felt like sandwiches!

this is an old thread but had such a good lunch,wanted to share. i made two mini sandwiches for lunch. used french rolls, a little sub dressing and some mayo. layered p peppers and provolone cheese and deli roast beef. fired up my mini george forman and put them in. squashed with the lid. checked off and on until cheese melted. had low salt potato chips and a diet pepsi. sure enjoyed it.

Thanks, Babetoo for reviving the post. Your lunch sounds wonderful.

I had warmed slices of Jenny-O ham with Swiss cheese on toasted rye bread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom