What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, there was a birthday potluck at work. I made a big batch of Sloppy Joes last night. I found some great mini rolls at WinCo (great grocery store with low prices), and they seemed to be a big hit. I included regular hamburger buns too.

Also, I made a small bowl of onion dip and bought a bag of Ruffles.

Other stuff they had were, macaroni salad, a rice salad, some kind of Asian noodle dish, all kinds of chips, vegie platter, little cupcakes, birthday cake, cookies, plate of spare ribs.... I know I'm forgetting a few.

After we do our duty voting for our Provincial Premier, Dad, DH and I are going for burgers at A&W. Then DH and I are going on a date to see a matinee of the new Star Trek so it will be popcorn for dessert!

Vanilla, what's your recipe for Sloppy Joes?
This was nothing fancy, kathleen. It was just the canned Manwich with ground beef. When I made that Sunday night, I was also in the process of making beef stroganoff for my BF and I. I wasn't that organized to make a "from scratch" Sloppy Joes. I DO have a "from scratch recipe that I have made before. I'll share that with you.
Kitchen Sink Sloppy Joes Recipe : Recipezaar

I make that when I have time. Thanks for asking. Guess what I'm having for lunch today? :rolleyes: There were leftovers. Only, I'm having it open-face with mozz. cheese melted over top.

Thanks for the recipe. I'm always on the look out for SJ recipes. DH and I can't agree on any one that I've made. I'm not big on vinegar in them so I don't like Manwich. My cousin, bless her heart, just dumps ketchup into ground beef. ;)
We like putting cheddar or american slices on SJs as well.

Lunch at the mall:ohmy: DH loves Charlies (Philly cheese steak) I had the one without peppers ate just about half, DH ate 1 and a 1/2 his and mine:LOL:
kades

jake loves my leftovers, kades, :).

manacotti, salad, 2 milks, a taste of pea soup.

jake loves my leftovers, kades, :).

manacotti, salad, 2 milks, a taste of pea soup.
Yours sounds a lot better than mine:) DH will eat anything that doesn't still have teeth and try to bite him first:LOL: He is a human vacumn
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom