What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried something different this time and it turned out fantastic. I hate grey broccoli, so I cut up the stems seperated from the crowns and some onion. I made broccoli stock with this and strained out the chunks, letting the stock cool down. I fine chopped the crowns and half an onion, sauteeing in a bit of canola oil. The broccoli was bright green and crisp-tender. Then added some AP flour to make a roux, being careful not to brown it and stirred in the stock. (I had about a quart of stock) (of course I didn't measure a thing) Then I stirred in the cheddar cheese, once melted through I added 1/2 and 1/2 and brought it back up to temp. Again, it was fantastic and the broccoli bits were still crisp-tender. Also kosher salt and fresh grind pepper made an appearance at some point, most likely when I was sauteeing.

Yes, I tend to cook "off-the-cuff.":chef:
Paula Deen made a portabella mushroom soup in the same way.

I can't wait to try your soup recipe........ and Paula's (I LOVE homemade cream of mushroom soup!)

Paula Deen made a portabella mushroom soup in the same way.

I can't wait to try your soup recipe........ and Paula's (I LOVE homemade cream of mushroom soup!)

I love cream of mushroom soup, too! I make all my soups from scratch, there isn't much I haven't turned into soup at one time or another. When I worked in the last bakery there was a lunch counter and I made all the soups from scratch, once I proved to the owner they were better and more cost effective than the frozen soups. I love soups, stews and chilis.

Sorry it's been a couple of weeks, but your lunch sounded great! I would love to have more meals like that, but my SO's stomach can't handle it.

Today is turkey club sandwiches... lettuce, tomato and bacon.

My problem is DH's inability to eat anything that has to be chewed. He can eat most anything as long as it's almost mush. I cook for myself and then take his out and continue cooking it until everything is nice and tender. For my birthday dinner I had rib steak and he had fish, because he couldn't eat anything else on the menu. It odesn't give me much leeway for making meals that are texture perfect for company.

Here was our lunch.

img_858899_0_22a06674a0f7bb8633fe892858366866.jpg

img_858899_1_80ce41686bd3cdb9c3ebb3d3c367b0d7.jpg

Left over grilled chicken ~~~ Made Tacos with diced Tomato, Avocado slices, Shredded lettuce, A Chili Lime hot sauce, and a big squeeze of lime juice.......

I made a Caprese sammich in the style of grilled cheese. I used whole grain bread grilled in a skillet with a bit of butter. I warmed the cheese till just soft. On top of that I layered the heirloom tomato, basil and sprinkled some pepper on top. After I plated it, I drizzled a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top in a few slender lines.

It was rather amazing. <3

4 crackers!? I would be starving.. I am eating a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese :)

guess i should have explained that i eat breakfast very late in am, (not an early riser) that varies from ovaltine to eggs and bacon. so lunch time comes and goes. in middle afternoon i eat a serving of whatever i have that has carbs. this raises my blood sugar. then i have semi varied menu at dinner. :LOL:

Had some extra chicken and made chicken and cheese enchiladas for today. Will serve with refries and Spanish rice.

I'm skipping lunch, again. I'm burning the energy from the egg I had this morning and 2 cups of coffee. I'll put a big pot of something on when I get home at 4:00 and snack on some fruit while I wait. I've got some juicy ripe plums to eat before they go bad. Oh, maybe I'll try a smoothie today.

Timewise qualifies as dinner, but for us it was lunch. Fixed up some taco meat and chicken with cheese and set out everything to make, burritos, tacos, enchiladas, etc. I ended up just getting a plate of corn chips and put all the toppings on them...Nachos Deluxe. Everyone else fended for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom