What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled portobellos stuffed with chorizo and rice topped with colby jack cheese. Served with refries and guacamole. It was wonderful and I was given leave to stuff portobellos anytime.:angel:

It's so cold today in NYC! For a late lunch im def having soup. I found this tomato and basil soup recipe that suggests goat cheese. I'm excited to try it! Has anyone done this before i'm curious if it will be good?! Happy eating!

"bum"?...what is that Angela? Is it like Dim Sum?

Attachments

• dimsum.jpg
    dimsum.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 245
Omelets today - I had asparagus & mushroom with mozza & cheddar, Dad had ham & onion with the same cheese, DH had asparagus, onion, mushroom & genoa salami with soy mozzarella cheese like product. They were good, haven't maid them for a long time!

yes, it is

;) we also eat such Dim Sum for breakfast or lunch. there are many snack in China, especially in HK and SHENZHEN, like shrimp dumpling, crab bum, radish cake...:pig: so delicious...

I am living in Shenzhen...very hot city really.

Anybody tell me how to add photo here? Thanks a lot:mrgreen:

Molyanne, I guess you travelled in HK before? as people in HK say it " Dim Sum", other mainlander spells " Dim Xin" :ROFLMAO:

And when several freinds take Dim Sum together, we call it "tea time", the Dim Sum taste good with tea.:whistling

It spells dum, a kind chinese snack, people usually take it as breakfast.

;) we also eat such Dim Sum for breakfast or lunch. there are many snack in China, especially in HK and SHENZHEN, like shrimp dumpling, crab bum, radish cake...:pig: so delicious...

I am living in Shenzhen...very hot city really.

Anybody tell me how to add photo here? Thanks a lot:mrgreen:

Hi Angela,
Welcome to DC. Thanks for explaining all that. It is interesting to find out the foods in other countries.

I will Private Message (PM) you instructions for pictures!

I really like to share chinese food here, and also I like hum too and pasta :P
Now in my kitchen, I am cooking porridge, add some meat slice or ham, lack pepper,spring onion.

This kind of porridge is very good to health, moisten the throat, very good food for dry days :P

Marinated red peppers, mushrooms, green onions and shrimp in Asian salad dressing, sauteed until peppers were soft and shrimp done. Served on a bed of fresh spinach with grape tomatoes. DH loved it and so did I!:chef:

Samples at my local health food market, ie, various imported cheeses and spreads.

Back
Top Bottom