What did you have for supper Saturday, 2019-10-05?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had store bought tortellini with a red pepper pesto sauce. Dessert was a plum "porridge" with cream. It was a Danish recipe.

I made something new from a cookbook of recipes from one of my favorite murder mystery series. It's called the Whole Enchilada Pie, and it is good! We'll definitely have this again... because I have enough leftovers for another meal. Plan on making it again, too.
IMG_20191005_223633869.jpg

Leftyover "Super Woman" beef and veggie stir fry with orange-scented rice (see Friday's what did you have for supper thread).

I made something new from a cookbook of recipes from one of my favorite murder mystery series. It's called the Whole Enchilada Pie, and it is good! We'll definitely have this again... because I have enough leftovers for another meal. Plan on making it again, too.
View attachment 36915

That looks tasty. Is there tomato in it? If not, would you please post the recipe?

Dinner last night was 3 rustic galettes. Two were grape tomatoes, thinly sliced basil, fresh moz, thinly sliced garlic, some shredded Parm R. The third was a blackberry one for dessert. It's a recipe I got from the TV show Cooking with Julia (Childs) years ago but I don't remember the guest chef whose recipe it was. No pics from the savory ones, they got eaten too fast.

Attachments

• 2019-10-05 20.26.54.jpg
    2019-10-05 20.26.54.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
That looks tasty. Is there tomato in it? If not, would you please post the recipe?

I would like to know your recipe as well. I did find one on the web that looks good.

https://comfortablefood.com/recipe/whole-enchilada-pie/

Last night was pool night and rather than the usual take out pizza, I volunteered to make veggie burritos. Also made beer battered onion rings and French fries since my friend was hosting and he has a big fancy kitchen with a built in deep fryer.

I remember why I don’t make burritos that oven as it’s a lot of work making the cilantro lime rice, black beans, pico de Gallo, grated cheese, chopped cilantro, sautéed onions and peppers, and guacamole. Fortunately my wife/daughter helped with the meal.

medtran, that galette looks so good. :yum:

It was tasty, taxy. There is tomato - both in 1/3 cup picante sauce (or salsa) and a 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce. I did find several recipes for no-tomato enchilada sauce like this one: Easiest From-Scratch No-Tomato Enchilada Sauce BTW taxy, the recipe link that bbqcoder posted is pretty much the one I used. See my comments to him below.

I would like to know your recipe as well. I did find one on the web that looks good.

https://comfortablefood.com/recipe/whole-enchilada-pie/....
Other than totally stealing the mystery writer's recipe, saying you got it from your Mom, and swapping salsa for the original recipe's picante sauce, that is the recipe I used, bbq. :LOL: I read the comments below the recipe. While a few people called the OP out for stealing the recipe and not crediting the mystery writer, the OP still hasn't mended the error of her ways. Still, it is a killer recipe. ;)

Other than totally stealing the mystery writer's recipe, saying you got it from your Mom, and swapping salsa for the original recipe's picante sauce, that is the recipe I used, bbq. :LOL: I read the comments below the recipe. While a few people called the OP out for stealing the recipe and not crediting the mystery writer, the OP still hasn't mended the error of her ways. Still, it is a killer recipe. ;)

The recipe seems to be one we will enjoy so, stolen or not, I'll be making this.. ;)

Ross

medtran, that galette looks so good. :yum:

It was tasty, taxy. There is tomato - both in 1/3 cup picante sauce (or salsa) and a 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce. I did find several recipes for no-tomato enchilada sauce like this one: Easiest From-Scratch No-Tomato Enchilada Sauce BTW taxy, the recipe link that bbqcoder posted is pretty much the one I used. See my comments to him below.

Thanks for those links. I think I can make the enchilada pie and leave out the salsa or maybe find a recipe for one with no tomatoes. That enchilada sauce does look easy. If I like it, that will be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom