What did you make? Sept 17, 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
After reading all the comments, I just had to make Kayelle's Egg Foo Yung.

I followed Steve's recipe, but used my egg ring to contain them. It made 6 patties in the rings. We ate 4 and will have the other 2 for lunch tomorrow.

I used roasted chicken stock, so it's dark, but the flavors are great! This is a keeper.

Attachments

• 20190917_174321.jpg
    20190917_174321.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
After reading all the comment, I just had to make Kayelle's Egg Foo Yung.

I followed Steve's recipe, but used my egg ring to contain them. It made 6 patties in the rings. We at 4 and will have the other 2 for lunch tomorrow.
That looks wonderful SS. Good idea to use the rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had Linguine with White Clam Sauce and broccoli on the side.

linguine_clam_sauce_091719_IMG_6233.jpg

My grocery store's deli has, for quite some time now, packaged sliced Gyro meat. Looks and texture appears the same as middle eastern markets sell. So I bought a package and will try this out for dinner tonight.

'Course then, I had to pick up some greek yogurt to make tzatziki and lettuce to make a greek salad to go with. Have pretty much every ingredients needed. i'm pretty sure those Greeks meant for me to use blue cheese instead of feta.

Bonus. Got to go through the 10 items or less line too.

I think I will crisp up the gyros around the edges and be ready to eat.

I followed Steve's recipe, but used my egg ring to contain them. It made 6 patties in the rings. We ate 4 and will have the other 2 for lunch tomorrow.

I used roasted chicken stock, so it's dark, but the flavors are great! This is a keeper.

Oh good. Another vote of confidence in this recipe. I haven't let Dx know about this new / old discovery yet. She's having surgery next week and I need to have one and several ideas up my sleeve since I'll be doing all the cooking for some days after she comes home from the hospital.

Yours are just beautiful, and so glad you enjoyed them SS. Steve has a big grin and so do I. :D:D

I'm grilling good ole hamburgers tonight and they'll have all the bun fixins along with some Pimento Cheese from the Sunday dinner party. By the way, we love the frozen patties we found that are half ground beef and half ground bacon. Wonderfully decadent in the burger world! :yum:

Potato salad on the side.

I was going to make MN hotdish, but then the sun came out so the Elders had burgers and corn on the cob, apple crisp for dessert.

MsM, that looks wonderful..one of my very favorite meals.

Whiska, I've used that Gyro meat from TJ's and it's pretty darn good. However, try Steve Kroll's recipe sometime. He has nailed the perfect Gyro meat with all the spices. Be sure to read the whole thread.

You'll love it. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/homemade-gyros-with-tzatziki-sauce-89641.html
Hope your Dx gets along just fine, and that she enjoys the Egg Foo Yung too.

We had very veggie garden salads, followed up by tuna melts and potato salad. My melt was on rye bread and included tomato, while Himself opted for white bread and no 'maters.

Thick bone-in pork chop, marinaded in Stubb's Pork marinade, sous vide and seared. Side of rice, with remaining marinade cooked down into a sauce.

CD

I thawed a previously frozen meal of chicken enchiladas and mexican rice, along with a jar of sauce I'd originally made.. Mashed black beans in bacon fat and seasonings for refried beans.. Melted fresh grated cheese over it all and topped it with sour cream to serve..

Ross

A take on Momofuku's pork belly buns with quick pickled cucumbers and a carrot/radish slaw.

Attachments

• 2019-09-17 17.52.54.jpg
    2019-09-17 17.52.54.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 124
Doggie Night !
with a Stewed Tomato-Corn-Okra blend, Fries...

Tri-Color Pasta Salad carried in, was a bit too busy for my palate...... I think it was the whole green olives that made it off-putting....

Hot Dogs and Fries.jpg

Back
Top Bottom