what dish that you make fills you w/ pride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may be 49 years of age, but I still remember some of the conversations in 6th grade, while washing dishes in teh lunch room at a catholic school. By far, the meanest and orneriest kids, and the ones with the foulest mouths came from that school.

Before I met my wife, I decided to take my chosen religeon seriously, at abot age 21 I guess. I haven't sworn since. Because I and my wife always spoke to our kids in full sentences, and with clear words, they develped great vocabularies and were well ahead of their peers. They were early talkers/walkers. To this day, our of four kids, only one has a problem with cursing, and he also smokes. But he doesnt' enjoy it, at least when I'm around. I don't pressure him. He know what's right and wrong and is 21 now. He has to make his own choices and mistakes. But we are there for him if he needs help.

The point is, that kids will experiment with language, blowing up live frogs with firecrackers, swinging on less than safe ropes over less than safe gorges and waters, etc. That's just what kids do. It's our job to guide them to safety, and to help direct them in truth and knowledge. I truly believe that and have four great young adults to show for our effort (that's not to say they were or are perfect by any means. The oldest boy was the most stubborn teen who ever walked the planet. And I mean it. You have never met a more stubborn teen who could never be wrong, no matter what the subject might be).

I son't know how this happened. I feel like I'm preaching. I msut be getting old. Let's get back to talking about cooking. It's more fun. I would rather enjoy what my children have become rather than dwell on their less-than-perfect adolesent years. :D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom