What do you buy on the internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
Hiya, choc! You are so right (and such a good memory) about the knives. Ebay intimidates me, and right now I really don't have the time to stalk a bid. Appreciate your thoughtfulness, and BTW - do you know that song that goes "Rueben Jones, you been gone too long"? Do you know the girl group who recorded it? It's been driving me crazy.

You are welcome bug! Do you want me to bid for you?

I can't remember that song at all bug! I even googled!

You are such a sweetheart to offer to bid for me! I know I'd get a good deal with such a shrewd bargainer acting on my behalf, but alas and alack, I have zero money right now (we just paid off Uncle Sam for this year). I am going to hold your offer in reserve, if that's OK.

That song is part of the tape they play over and over at Pier 1. It's one of the few I'm not already sick of. I want to say it's the Marvelettes, but I'm not sure.

mudbug said:
You are such a sweetheart to offer to bid for me! I know I'd get a good deal with such a shrewd bargainer acting on my behalf, but alas and alack, I have zero money right now (we just paid off Uncle Sam for this year). I am going to hold your offer in reserve, if that's OK.

That song is part of the tape they play over and over at Pier 1. It's one of the few I'm not already sick of. I want to say it's the Marvelettes, but I'm not sure.

I know how it feels to be broke! So am I. Let me know when you are ready.

I still don't remember that song...

I buy things online that I can't find locally, or for a better price than I can find locally (price+s&h less than price+sales tax and gas).

kremlin said:
:ROFLMAO: wat cooking related items did u last buy on the net?

mine was a mixer.
none:) ,i only buy perfumes and fragrances online.

Mudbug, I used to chase items on Ebay, but don't anymore.

Even if I wished to try, we can only get dial up connections to the web in the shrubbery where we live, and anyone with a faster connection can jump in at the end and beat us.

What I do is decide what I want to pay for the item, and bid that amount.

If I get it for less, wonderful.

If I get it for my maximum bit, OK.

And if I lose the auction, well the price was over what I wanted to pay.

Just my approach.

GB said:
The last cooking related item I bought online was my 7 quart Le Creuset French Oven. I got an amazing price and it arrived about 2 days after I ordered it.

I bought the same one from the same place after reading so much about Le Creuset in this forum and reading reviews on the net. I've bought 5 pieces of All Clad SS on the net over the last year, and I like shopping for shoes because you find so much selection. I've bought from Zappo's and Shoebuy.com.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom