What do you buy on the internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kremlin

Assistant Cook
:ROFLMAO: wat cooking related items did u last buy on the net?

mine was a mixer.

The last cooking related item I bought online was my 7 quart Le Creuset French Oven. I got an amazing price and it arrived about 2 days after I ordered it.

Cookware

I bought some fabulous Lagostina stainless-steel cookware a while back that I haven't seen anywhere since. It's trendy and chic. I love it!

Just received my Cuisinart Griddler from Amazon.

Looking forward to using it soon.

I tend not to buy on the internet simply because I'm constantly forgetting my passwords. I'm a big catalog buyer, so I thought I'd be a natural for internet. I think I bought my last set of pots and pans from the Chef's catalog via internet. I live in a tourist town, and we have several small gourmet shops. All things being equal, I'll buy from them rather than go to Chicago or use a mail order place (or internet); they know this and give me a discount because so few local people (as opposed to tourists) shop here in town. Right now I need a pasta machine, and typically, the one I want (either a Mercato or Atlas, I threw our Imperia away in a pique of frustration, which I should have done as soon as I bought it -- returning it would have cost more in shipment that the darned thing was worth), but of course I can't remember my password with Amazon. Oh, dear, me. Am I the only moron?

kremlin said:
:ROFLMAO: wat cooking related items did u last buy on the net? mine was a mixer.
I buy so much that the UPS man considers us family. This month so far: Penzeys spices and bottles, Ultrex skillet, Chef's Planet oven liner, Oxo measuring cups and spoons, Forschner bread knife, Calphalon 6 piece bakeware set and probably a few other things I've forgotten. :blink:

In the last 6 months, I have bought on Ebay:

set of carbon steel sabatier knives
instruction manual and video for my hobart n-50 mixer
4 rolling pins [I love rolling pins]
a professional rolling donut cutter
a heavy duty stainless steel biscuit cutter
dexter russell spatulas, cooking forks, and turners
a very large carousel utensil holder
a copper and brass mixing bowl for my mixer
an antique double butcher paper dispenser

a Nesco roaster oven for a friend from Amazon (she does not have a computer, hard to believe) for a ridiculous price, If I see it again I'm to order 2 more for her

Claire: You're not the only forgetful one! I've solved that problem by always using the same password. On our website, passwords are optional, which is also nice...

My latest purchase is a big round grillpan from Calphalon. But I love All Clad best. We used to carry them in the store, but they're discounted all over the place now and it's very hard to compete.

thanks to chocolate chef..........who guided me........i receive a beautiful.........did i say beautiful :) 4.5 quart Hobart Kitchen Aid Mixer. I didn't actually buy it my hubby bought if for me for last Christmas off of Ebay. It was like new. I absolutely love it and highly recommend it!

Claire - I keep all my passwords in a folder right there in Express Outlook. I just made a new folder and called it Passwords and User Names -

With most places you sign up they usually send you a confirmation e-mail with your user name and password. Just drag the e-mail (from your list of e-mails) over to the folder and "drop" it in.

To REALLY make things clear you can forward the e-mail to yourself - in the subject line put Amazon password - or Discuss Cooking Username and Password.

It's the only way I can remember stuff. I try to use the same password everywhere though - but then sometimes the username is gone - so now I just keep them ALL in my folder.

the last thing i bought online, kitchen-wise, was a kneading paddle for my breadmaker. now i can go back to having it collect dust, albeit fully operational...:rolleyes:

Hiya, choc! You are so right (and such a good memory) about the knives. Ebay intimidates me, and right now I really don't have the time to stalk a bid. Appreciate your thoughtfulness, and BTW - do you know that song that goes "Rueben Jones, you been gone too long"? Do you know the girl group who recorded it? It's been driving me crazy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom