"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #31
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
do you have the recipe or do you just 'wing' it? Sound like something they haven't had yet. Really sounds healthy too. Your mom knew how to do the right thing. Thanks
Mom used Mullers broad egg noddles, usualy she put in radish, scallion, some cucumber and whatever else was available in the fridge. She used about a cup or so of cottage cheese, mixed it all together with the noddles after draining and letting them cool a little.

She also made it with fruit once in a great while. Apples and pears diced small.

The one thing she never put in was mushrooms because they tend to get a little grim looking.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Darn it - ice cream for dinner again!
Don't ya hate it when that happens?!?!

Old 07-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Thanks

These are such great responses. My brain must be on the heat that I don't know or get incentive to fix anything. I am amazed to get all these ideas. Just so I can find them again I am printing out to use for the rest of the summer. Hearing the a/c running so much really bothers me. My brother told me when we were little we never even knew about air. That is why he still doesn't have one. I just hope he doesn't have to move in with the rest of us. He will remind us regularly of the good ole days. But sure is funny how he likes to eat the stuff I fix when I use the oven. Who wants to cook if you aren't cool? Have daily struggle to keep peace around here. Too many different generations that have to try to get along. One thing, my dogs like the air. They stay inside more than going out. They are the only smart ones. I do so appreciate all your comments and help.