"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-22-2004, 09:20 AM   #11
Master Chef

Bucky's unplanned nights sound better than some of my planned nights! I usually put a menu together for the week before I go grocery shopping, so for me it's not a case of not having anything for dinner but of not having time to make it. The old standby's for us are either going out for pizza or making some spaghetti. Once in a blue moon if neither of us are hungry we'll just have bowls of cereal.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #12
Master Chef

We're big on a can or thawing some soup from the freezer (I make a lot of home made soups). But if we really want something to eat, I always have frozen pesto from last summer --- in five minutes we have dinner. Even if you don't have pesto in the freezer, there is always pasta with olive oil, garlic and a sprinkling of pepper flakes. Doesn't get any faster than that.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:17 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Ok......Ok......its pizza
Old 02-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Make a request to my hubby for "dinner out". He's never refused yet, but I don't take advantage in order not to ruin a good thing. :D
Old 02-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Domino's Pizza is the only thing that delivers out in the woods where we live and it pretty much sucks as a pizza joint.. so, I open a can of soup and make grilled cheese.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Lugaru
I buy rice by the sack so when worse comes to worse I can always make fried rice.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #17
Master Chef

We don't have any place here to really order out. Every once in awhile I will bring home Mexican food from the town I work in. Usually I make tacos. Because the ground beef can be quickly thawed in the microwave and the rest of the ingredients are easy to prepare. Hotdogs are also a standby with a side of hand cut French Fries. All else fails soup out of a can with a grilled cheese sandwich. Most of the time I have several leftovers in the freezer that with a few minutes in the microwave or on the stove are ready to eat.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaru
I buy rice by the sack so when worse comes to worse I can always make fried rice.
I would love this receipe.......mine NEVER comes out right :?

Breakfast is ALWAYS good for Dinner!
and I make an a darn good Tuna Casserole with Bow-Tie Pasta on the stove! (I like it cold even!)
#1 Rule for Dieting.....If it "Tastes Good"...Spit-it-OUT!!
TexasTamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #19
Master Chef

i just improvise. usually there is a Stouffer's macaroni and cheese in the freezer, and that will feed me for 2 meals. otherwise, it's angelhair and a quick homemade sauce or jarred pesto, or i'll just snack instead of having a meal, like i did tonite.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #20
Head Chef

Well I usually have a few meals made ahead of time and frozen in the deep freeze which don't take long to thaw and heat in the oven or microwave. But if I don't feel like cooking or heating then I order out.

- WOODROW WILSON
tweedee is offline   Reply With Quote