"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Barbara, did you post the Lemon Cake Recipe on here someplace? Sounds good. I can fix it now. No one checks the trash unless too full.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #32
Cook

All I can say is that I totally understand why he is your ex-husband!

Old 01-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Barbara, did you post the Lemon Cake Recipe on here someplace? Sounds good. I can fix it now. No one checks the trash unless too full.
That's a great outlook, ITK! Make that cake and ENJOY it! As Irish said, you're better off now!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Using fresh ingredients and spices with no previously prepared mixes or foods to make a recipe.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
That's a great outlook, ITK! Make that cake and ENJOY it! As Irish said, you're better off now!
This is truly a blessing to have someone see things my way. For so long I felt I just had to accept his thinking. That is what I was taught to obey first my father than my exhusband. I was controlled my whole life and finally the doctor said it just took hold of me. I just never thought it was really bothering me physically but mentally it was building up. The truth hurts to even tell anyone some of the things he did. I often thought I deserved the abuse he did. Strange how they say small children feel divorce is their fault. I felt the same way. Hard to change when you have had this all your life. He didn't do any things physically until later in the marriage. I am so very thankful that through prayer and friends support I had to give up. Even my sister, who doesn't speak to me, thinks he was okay. She was the one who introduced me to him. Said she never saw anything wrong with him. Sounds strange doesn't it?
Old 01-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #36
Cook

You had a tough time. Are things much better now?
Old 01-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #37
Executive Chef

irishtravel1, thank you for concern. I wake up now knowing that I won't be getting yelled at for something. Always a fear about him getting upset about one thing or another. No one seems to worry about me making a cake from a box anymore. I don't get feeling that I can't do anything right. Hope you have better life. No one deserves to be afraid to live. All my friends tell me I have to try to learn to think for myself. Not always be afraid someone is going to criticize me for what I think. When they have someone on tv who has been abused and the act it brings them to to end it is something I can relate to. I wind up crying that the person had to kill someone in order to find peace. We all deserve some kind of understanding, even if we don't see life the same way. Thanks for asking.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #38
Senior Cook

In the Kitchen...I applaud your strength..its amazing how being brought up a certain way can set an unhealthy route for our futures..you were oviously in a tuff situation and it took a lot of your own inner strength to get out. Remember to give yourself a lot of credit for doing so.

As far as cooking from scratch goes..Chocolate Chef said it well...we can get a bit carried away...do we make our own baking powder, flour...and the list goes on..by the way to those who said half scratched..thats clever!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #39
Executive Chef

I must be blue or something today for revealing so much of my personal life here. I apologize but the beginning of the year always brings memories of times gone by. I thank you for sharing your shoulder with me. I feel better just having someone comment and let me know that they understand. They say having good relationship always takes two so why couldn't it have been like that? He always said I was the one unhappy he was okay. May your new year bring you only happiness and good health May the dark clouds be few. Have to remember to be positive. One thing I know no one can control your thoughts. If you feel you are right and not offending anyone you will be able to rise above the circumstance. We have to keep on keepin' on. Thank you for your support. Means so much.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #40
Cook

To In the Kitchen...hang in there friend. Hopefully as time goes by, you will gain the confidence to realize that you are a special person who has a great deal to offer. Also as time goes by and you realize that you make good decisions on your own, you will not feel like someone is waiting to criticize you.