What else do people put in their coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
Hello everyone.

I recently had a thread, about nutmeg. Somebody said they put nutmeg and/or cinnamon, in their coffee. I tried it, and it was delicious. And it smelled so nice and Christmasy. Who cares, that it is no longer Christmas, it was good anyway.

Does anybody have any more cool coffee flavour ideas. I know i can buy a range of syrups, but I prefer to use more natural things, that I make myself.

Mel

I put NOthing in my coffee, but a tip for those with cholesterol problems--cinnamon has been pretty well proven to lower cholesterol. So coffee and oatmeal are pretty good ways to do it.
Cinnamon flavored coffee can be made by just adding it to the grounds when brewing. Save yourself buying expensive flavored coffee.

Hello Candocook

That is exactly what i did, yesterday.
I added the cinnimon, to the grinds, in the coffee filter.

Mel

I must say I like caramel in my coffee, or good old sugar. Got a sweet tooth when it comes to coffee. Can't drink it without milk though!! And I quite like a machiato (spelt correctly?? someone might tell me) with icecream. Yumm. I don't want to be ignorant but in Australia Nescafe make an instant coffee sachet with cinnamon. Its pretty good if you don't mind instant but you need to add a little more milk to make it delish.

Candocook said:
I put NOthing in my coffee, but a tip for those with cholesterol problems--cinnamon has been pretty well proven to lower cholesterol. So coffee and oatmeal are pretty good ways to do it.
Cinnamon flavored coffee can be made by just adding it to the grounds when brewing. Save yourself buying expensive flavored coffee.

Great idea, I will try it tomorrow, thanks! Usually, I put a flavored creamer - fat free vanilla creme or hazelnut, just a splash.

Oh I just remembered...Not fond of flavored coffee...However if you haven't tried "home made" Irish cream by Michelemarie's TNT recipe you are missing a treat!!! Her recipe is posted here on DC somewhere...you'll find it and be glad you did!!

Please forgive me for intruding on your post but I thought I would post the link to Michelemarie's Irish Cream Recipe (kitchenelf)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Uncle Bob,it is finally getting colder here and I DO like MM so much, so I will have to find that recipe. I remember the one you/she are talking about.

mudbug said:
Well, Uncle Bob,it is finally getting colder here and I DO like MM so much, so I will have to find that recipe. I remember the one you/she are talking about.

Finally getting colder...you in the south too??

I'll tell you this...if you don't like the recipe...then their is something bad wrong with you...:LOL:

Not really the south - D.C. area: the one with all the southern efficiency and northern charm (thanks, JFK).

Hope they're ain't nothin' bad wrong with me, Uncle B. I will lie to you if I need to once I try MM's drink.

Uncle Bob said:
Oh I just remembered...Not fond of flavored coffee...However if you haven't tried "home made" Irish cream by Michelemarie's TNT recipe you are missing a treat!!! Her recipe is posted here on DC somewhere...you'll find it and be glad you did!!

Thanks Uncle Bob, you are my biggest fan:rolleyes: ! I am so glad that you liked it - it is definately good in coffee - I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

Usually take it black but at Christmas time will add the store bought eggnog, the stuff in the carton.

Michelemarie said:
Thanks Uncle Bob, you are my biggest fan:rolleyes: ! I am so glad that you liked it - it is definately good in coffee - I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

Aawww shucks mam...:blush: What can I say.....

auntdot said:
Usually take it black but at Christmas time will add the store bought eggnog, the stuff in the carton.

Oh, that sound's good! Have to try that next year!

I don't care for the syrups, they contain sugar and a whole slew of other unmentionables.

I've been known to drop a hershey's kiss in the cup...and that only helps to compliment the godiva liqueor or amaretto I've already dropped in.

I don't do that often, however. I'm more of a splenda and light cream kinda gal.

I do like Irish coffee....:ermm:

TNT Irish Cream
(MM's)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp butter flavoring
1 tsp vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pt half and half or whipping cream
1 - 1-1/2 c irish whiskey

In blender combine above and blend for at least a minute. Good on the rocks or in coffee.

Back
Top Bottom