What Food Are You In The Mood For, Thursday July 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I just realized I am in a rut - starting this thread every other day! It's a good rut! :)

Yesterday I got a real deal on a fresh whole sockeye salmon. So, I will grill it with lemon, onion and S/P in our fish basket. Sides will be baby new potatoes also grilled and spinach salad with strawberries and almonds.

What does your menu look like?

Don't know yet. Have to make a grocery run this afternoon. Almost out of milk. Thought I'd get all the ingredients and make up a bunch of homemade lasagna tomorrow for the freezer. Got lots of room after cleaning it out last month. Guess I'll pick out something while shopping.

Ugh. I just crawled out of bed and have coffee in hand. Haven't given much thought to dinner. I suspect the crockpot will be out with some pork something in it.

Greek Taramosalata Dip with toasted Pita & Kalamata

Buonasera,

Had a lovely light lunch and enjoyed tremendously ...

The Vet shall have some with a Greek salad when he returns home.

I shall have a small Greek salad ...

Ciao,
Margi.

Another crockpot experiment. Ribs with port and fresh cherries. Fresh corn, zucchini, Parmesan salad & red potato salad. Cherry clafouti, if I have time.

I'm defrosting some BS chicken thighs I'll season and grill. I have leftover ranch potato salad and will make a maque choux out of some leftover corn on the cob.

Naked mussels

very warm,humid & stormy here infact it's raining so hard i've lost the tv satellite signal & we are forecast to have 2 MONTHS rain in the next 3 days:ohmy:! so i thought i'd keep it simple and,of course,fishy!
mussels,crevettes & samphire,no wine,no garlic,no cream,no cheese....just the cleaned mussels in a smokin' hot pan with the crevettes & samphire.lid on quick shake,3 mins later done in their own juices!.had it with crusty bread for the juices & a bottle of ice cold suffolk dry cyder.....who cares about the weather,i live on the second floor anyway:LOL:!!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 181
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 176
very warm,humid & stormy here infact it's raining so hard i've lost the tv satellite signal & we are forecast to have 2 MONTHS rain in the next 3 days:ohmy:! so i thought i'd keep it simple and,of course,fishy!
mussels,crevettes & samphire,no wine,no garlic,no cream,no cheese....just the cleaned mussels in a smokin' hot pan with the crevettes & samphire.lid on quick shake,3 mins later done in their own juices!.had it with crusty bread for the juices & a bottle of ice cold suffolk dry cyder.....who cares about the weather,i live on the second floor anyway:LOL:!!
You're making me hungry Harry. That looks really tasty. That all was for one person?

I wish I lived close enough to the ocean that I could get fresh seafood without paying for airplane rides for the food.

Ugh. I just crawled out of bed and have coffee in hand. Haven't given much thought to dinner. I suspect the crockpot will be out with some pork something in it.
How much does a slow cooker heat up the kitchen? I'm beginning to think I should get one.

How much does a slow cooker heat up the kitchen? I'm beginning to think I should get one.
That's the beauty, it doesn't! The crock gets hot and it forms a steam barrier with the lid so nothing gets out. That's how it cooks and what makes it a great appliance!

i'm on my own tonight, so it'll be takeout on my way into work later. i was thinking sushi, or greek style octopus, or maybe scungilli fra diavolo. i'm in the mood for seafood.

i'm on my own tonight, so it'll be takeout on my way into work later. i was thinking sushi, or greek style octopus, or maybe scungilli fra diavolo. i'm in the mood for seafood.
We have a huge fresh wild Sockeye that we won't begin to eat all at once - you are welcome to join us! :)

i wish i could get there, lp. thank you for the offer. but i just came in for a water break and i'm covered head to toe in dirt.

harry, i just looked back to the first page. nice job, again!

I went with my carbonara cheat

I didnt have any eggs left after a mammoth baking session, so I went with lazy carbonara.

tumblr_m6pfhllC6u1r5l3nso1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're making me hungry Harry. That looks really tasty. That all was for one person?

I wish I lived close enough to the ocean that I could get fresh seafood without paying for airplane rides for the food.
hi tax
guess that's one of the pluses about living on a tiny l'il speck in the ocean,i'm less than an hour's drive from the coast:)!
nope tax,i have company this evening.....gotta dash,i'm getting ready for dessert.......;)!

i wish i could get there, lp. thank you for the offer. but i just came in for a water break and i'm covered head to toe in dirt.

harry, i just looked back to the first page. nice job, again!
cheers matey,trust your dad had a good birthday and your fireworks went with,ummmm,well,.... a bang!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom