What Food Are You In The Mood For, Thursday July 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent the early afternoon at the vet with the dog. He has developed diabetes! After all that, it was too hot to hit the grocery. I had some frozen burgers we threw on the grill and warmed up some pork and beans.

At the in-laws. They like their steak overdone so we had burned ribeye, potato salad, green salad and cucumbers we brought from our home garden.

GotGarlic said:
At the in-laws. They like their steak overdone so we had burned ribeye, potato salad, green salad and cucumbers we brought from our home garden.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: so we had burned ribeye :ROFLMAO: The way you phrased that...

Sorry, GG, hope everything else was edible!

Last edited:
aww, man, gg. ribeye is such a sweet cut. burnt ribeye must have been shoeleather.

there's always takeout on the way home.

Last edited:
GG that's the way my parents liked their steak too. Well done, dry and doused in Ketchup. From there, I was on a student budget and became vegeterarium for awhile. It was years before I tasted a Really Good Cooked Steak. O. my. goodness. Yess!. But I hope the rest of your vacation is nice.

I have so many leftovers from a week of cooking for visiting family/ bd party and the 4th. Tonight is leftover cold chicken and some salad. At least dinner is easy. Just point me at refrigerated covered dishes and it's ready. The family descends back here again Saturday. Need refrig shelf space again. LOL.

Went spelunking in the freezer and found some French onion soup. Wish I had some gruyere.

My in-laws are the same way. MIL was always concerned about making sure all the "bad" bacteria was gone so no one would get sick. It made me sick to see the well done steaks!

lol, i apologize in advance.

loca mennonite? crazy amish women always have the best steaks.

and i want a freezer big enough fo go spelunking.

lol, thanks for letting me amuse myself.

i said aMuse...

We went to Dairy Queen for supper. Stirling had a "banane royale" (banana split) and I had, I'm not sure what it's called. It was in a waffle cone cup and was called a turtle (caramel and pecans) quite good, but that waffle cone tasted bland like a fortune cookie. I only ate part of the edge of the cup thingee, 'cause the edge was dipped in chocolate. I ate slower than DH, so he went back and got a cone.

That was our supper on a hot summer day. Sometimes it's fun being an adult. I say that at the liquor store too.

I'm in the mood for prime rib, baked potato swimming in butter and sour cream and roasted asparagus.

I'll be having cold fried chicken and cottage cheese...

Shopping wears me out, so I picked up a small Tortino's combination pizza for a late lunch, and added a bunch of shredded mozzarella. I ate 3/4 of it and wish now I'd only had half. Tonight will be munchies, if anything.

I had a frozen pizza, too. It was really good - spinach, garlic and assorted white cheese from California Pizza Kitchen. Still munching on it.

But what I was really in the mood for was breakfast for dinner - French toast, a fried egg, and sausage. :yum: Got busy this afternoon and then decided the pizza was just easier. :mellow:

I completely messed up dinner tonight. Made Chinese and, apparently and according to my husband, I didn't know when to stop adding Ginger. I should have sent his lazy arse to In-N-Out

adrineh said:
I completely messed up dinner tonight. Made Chinese and, apparently and according to my husband, I didn't know when to stop adding Ginger. I should have sent his lazy arse to In-N-Out

Huh. Never thought one could have too much ginger. Love it.

You are right, Adrineh!

the next step is to tell him to do better.

if he doesn't want to or usn't willing to try, SHADDUP! eat what you get, or get your own.

I did badly tonight - I had 2 fairly large homemade peanut butter "cups." I used Crazy Richard's peanut butter and Dove milk chocolate. Delicious and decadent, but a dinner, not. Oh well, once in a while, it has to be done. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom