What Food Gifts Have You Sent Or Received For the Holidays?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My hubby gave me my Christmas present early....a large box of mandarin oranges with a big bow! Really, its okay, I love them!!!! We made a pact years ago to not spend a lot on each other but instead to have fun and pick something that we figure the other person will really love.

His niece drew his name and made him gluten free brownies and I always give my MIL baking every year as she is in California until the middle of December and leaves again at New Years so doesn't have time.

I also make cookies and other goodies for family and friends but this year I am having a tough time getting it all done.

I gave all the neighbors toffee and/or peanut brittle I made. We received a Tabasco gift set from DH's friend - we now have a lifetime supply of tabasco sauce!

^I love Penzey's!!!! They opened one up near me and slowly but surely I have been replacing my spices there. The cinnamons are fun to try. The nutmegs were of good quality. The cocoa powder, albeit expensive is great for rolling your truffles in.

Both my boys and my son's-in-law are getting cookies and each of them one of Katies dark devils food cakes..Plus the oldest loves sea food so I'v ordered him lobester pot pies and several lbs. of large scallops..The youngest is a shrimp nut so he is getting several lbs. of that and a nice box with salami and cheese and crackers to enjoy in front of his new fireplace...Daughters want clothes so that is easy Cade has asked for chocolate chip cookies as has the rest of the little ones..so 2 cakes to go and I'm done...the kitchen has about given DH a stroke as he thinks I' ruining his new counters and stove, funny though he eats anything I don't hide:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

lol Kadesma. My mom would hide pastry and desserts from my dad so they would last longer.

More than once I had to rebake something for someone because my dad cut a slice but I never really minded. I loved to bake for my dad.

One son's gf made us three kinds of fudge and the other son's gf gave us a gift of nice cheeses and crackers. :pig:

We gave out lots of cookies this year as well as Pumpkin Rolls and homemade bread (local personal delivery only). We received Omaha Steaks from DW's boss and Graeters Ice Cream from friends in Cincinnati.

my parents, dad is 85 and mom is 81, really don't need anything and asked that we all not get them anything. but secretly, my mom told my wife that she wants gift cards to restaurants. she loves to go out ot eat, and also it's a few less meals that she has to prepare.

besides the gift card, i think we'll also get them a nice fruit basket from here: Edible Arrangements® Delicious Fresh Fruit Baskets & Gift Bouquets

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom